Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

SAF Secures Injunction Blocking Deerfield ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

Second Amendment Foundation Secures Injunction Blocking Deerfield ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    June 12th. 2018

On Tuesday the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) secured an injunction blocking Deerfield, Illinois, pending “assault weapons” ban.

On April 3, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Deerfield was not only banning said weapons but empowering its chief of police to confiscate them and destroy them.

He would also be empowered to confiscate and destroy “high capacity” magazines. On April 5, 2018, Breitbart News reported that SAF filed suit against Deerfield, claiming the village’s “assault weapons” ban violated Illinois’ preemption law. SAF’s lawsuit was joined by the Illinois State Rifle Association and Deerfield resident Daniel Easterday.

On June 12, 2018, a Lake County circuit judge issue an injunction, blocking Deerfield from implementing the “assault weapons” ban.

SAF founder and executive director Alan Gottlieb commented on the injunction, saying, “We moved swiftly to challenge this gun ban because it flew in the face of state law. The village tried to disguise its extremism as an amendment to an existing ordinance. The ordinance bans possession of legally-owned semi-auto firearms, with no exception for guns previously owned, or any provision for self-defense.”

Gottlieb added, “Worse, still, the ordinance also provided for confiscation and destruction of such firearms and their original capacity magazines. It was outrageous that the ban would levy fines of up to $1,000 a day against anyone who refused to turn in their gun and magazines or move them out of the village. This certainly puts the lie to claims by anti-gunners that ‘nobody is coming to take your guns.’”

I am a Forum User
    thank you for posting this, I forgot to check yesterday.

Anti's have given up on the lie, and are now brazenly suggesting they do want to take your guns.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    thank you for posting this, I forgot to check yesterday.

Anti's have given up on the lie, and are now brazenly suggesting they do want to take your guns.
    It's a step forward in a way. I feel the majority of of the country sways towards the 2A, but the wishy-washy ones will agree with the libs when they say all they want is "common sense" (I hate that phrase with a passion no matter what the context because of its inherit pretentiousness) gun reform. When they admit to confiscation I do believe they lose supporters.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rexzor2007 View Post
    It's a step forward in a way. I feel the majority of of the country sways towards the 2A, but the wishy-washy ones will agree with the libs when they say all they want is "common sense" (I hate that phrase with a passion no matter what the context because of its inherit pretentiousness) gun reform. When they admit to confiscation I do believe they lose supporters.
    2A supporters are incredibly apathetic to supporting THEIR rights. Anti 2A are incredibly mobilized and focused.