Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Shooting left on a rest at 25 or so feet

So do I move the rear sight a little right or left
    https://youtu.be/SX6pJdPryhs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Are you sure it’s the sights and not your grip? In most cases your grip is the cause. I would concentrate on adjusting the grip and the finger position of your trigger finger.

Slinging Led, EDC, Tight Lines, Razor Sharp Knives and Conceal Carrying!

MGO Member
    Good info above. If that's not the problem: Move the front sight the opposite of the direction you want your shots to move, or move your rear sight the same direction you want your shots to move. In your case, move rear sight right.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    I'll try and put more finger on the trigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradw3451 View Post
    Are you sure it’s the sights and not your grip? In most cases your grip is the cause. I would concentrate on adjusting the grip and the finger position of your trigger finger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wholeheartedly disagree. Your grip does not affect accuracy.

These sort of charts are typically grossly wrong. They should pretty much all say "Poor trigger control." It's all trigger control and sight alignment; nothing more and nothing less. Grip, stance, amount of finger on the trigger, etc are all just bonuses. They do NOT affect accuracy.

There are only 3 things you can do wrong to not hit the bullseye.
    1. Misalign sights and pull trigger perfect....Shot goes where sights were.
    2. Align sights perfectly but somewhere between sight alignment and BANG, you've jerked the gun...shot goes where you jerked it.
    3. You've misaligned the sights AND jerked the gun.

90+% of the time it's trigger control causing people to pull their shot.

OP, have another shooter that is known to be very consistent shoot it and see if they do the same. Your grouping looks relatively tight in the video with a few flyers; it very well could be your sights are a tad off. If you end up moving the them, then the rear sight goes in the direction you want the impact to move(so right to move impact right). Let someone else shoot it first though.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 06-14-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    These sorts of charts are most typically grossly wrong. They should pretty much all say "Poor trigger control."

2. Align sights perfectly but somewhere between sight alignment and BANG, you've jerked the gun.

Damn! A brutally honest man...
    I see people come up with all kinds of possible excuses as to why they or others miss and agree, 90% of the time it their finger getting away from them.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User

These sort of charts are typically grossly wrong. They should pretty much all say "Poor trigger control." It's all trigger control and sight alignment; nothing more and nothing less. Grip, stance, amount of finger on the trigger, etc are all just bonuses. They do NOT affect accuracy.

2. Align sights perfectly but somewhere between sight alignment and BANG, you've jerked the gun...shot goes where you jerked it.

OP, have another shooter that is known to be very consistent shoot it and see if they do the same. Your grouping looks relatively tight in the video with a few flyers; it very well could be your sights are a tad off. If you end up moving the them, then the rear sight goes in the direction you want the impact to move(so right to move impact right). Let someone else shoot it first though.
    So you’re saying that regardless of how someone grips a gun it doesn’t affect accuracy? If you truly believe that you need to do additional research. There are several more factors than three which can dictate ones shooting capabilities.

I am a Forum User
    So you’re saying that regardless of how someone grips a gun it doesn’t affect accuracy? If you truly believe that you need to do additional research. There are several more factors than three which can dictate ones shooting capabilities.

Then how can I hit the target with the gun upside down pulling the trigger with my pinky?

Sight alignment and trigger press.

I am a Forum User

^^^THIS^^^ is 100% correct.

But it's sooo much more fun to blame the gun!

Jwade78, you don't say if you are shooting a handgun or a long gun, but, either way, have you looked into any of the fundamental training classes? There are several trainers you can talk to, but one of our sponsor's, MDFI offers YSINTG (You Suck, It's Not The Gun) (for handgunner's), as well as foundation classes for pistol and carbine. MGO members have been offered free YSINTG and Foundation classes (one class was just raffled off for members - try to catch the next one).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast