Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

N.J. :Hand Over Those Magazines Or We Could Throw You In Jail

New Jersey To Gun Owners: Hand Over Those Magazines Or We Could Throw You In Jail

By Matt Vespa
    Townhall.com
    June 15th.2018

The law, signed by Gov. Phil Murphy on Wednesday along with five other new gun laws, gives New Jersey gun owners who currently possess ammunition magazines exactly 180 days to either surrender their ammunition magazines, permanently modify them to only accept up to 10 rounds, or transfer them to somebody who is allowed to legally own it such as those living in most other parts of the United States.

If someone in New Jersey is caught with a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds after the deadline is passed, it will be considered a crime of the fourth degree which carries up to 18 months in prison and up to $10,000 in fines or both.

Nearly all full-size and compact handguns as well as many rifles come standard with ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs said it acted immediately to try and block the law because it could turn a million New Jersey gun owners into criminals.

I am a Forum User
    *** jersey.
    Another ess hole I won't go back to.

Joe

Banned
    I just don't understand how the IDIOTS that pass these laws think they are doing anything to stop or deter gun violence?? In their uneducated minds they really think they are making a difference, just pathetic stupidity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    I just don't understand how the IDIOTS that pass these laws think they are doing anything to stop or deter gun violence?? In their uneducated minds they really think they are making a difference, just pathetic stupidity.
    That is because they couldn't care less about deterring violence.

They know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Every single one of these gun control laws has NOTHING to do with guns and everything to do with CONTROL. Control of the people.

Just ask the Jews from Nazi Germany how well gun control worked out for their safety.

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." – Ayn Rand

Banned

MGO Member
    I'll be interested to see how many are actually turned in.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

MGO Member
    I was watching TV a few weeks ago and passed by an old episode of Dick Cavett, believe it was from 1971, with Bette Davis and Birch Bayh, a dem senator at the time. I thought it was funny, not ha ha, that he was quoting someone from the time of the Nazi's who said something to the effect of "they came for the Jews and I did nothing because it didn't affect me, they came for the poles and I did nothing because it didn't affect me, they came for the Christians and I did nothing because it didn't affect me, then they came for me and no one was left to do anything. Our government has been doing this for a while and we need to start caring, even if it doesn't affect you.
    I'm not a smoker, but when they banned smoking everywhere I said this isn't good.
    They put "grief counselor's" in schools, that gets the parents out of the kids life.
    They are trying to control what we eat.
    They want to control guns and what you can have.
    The list goes on, but with each one of these given up rights we the people lose more freedom. Government should not be controlling anything in our everyday life because it will become controlling our everyday life.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    I'm not a smoker, but when they banned smoking everywhere I said this isn't good.
    I was 100% against the ban on smoking, but I knew I'd be much happier if it passed.
    I'm much happier now, but wish it never passed.
    Your freedom is my freedom too.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.