Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Cabela's Veteran discount no longer

Bought a new firearm and some ammo at Cabela's today at their Father's day.

So, at the checkout asked for my veteran discount that I've received in the past and they told me they no longer honor the veteran discount on gun and ammo purchases. Seems since the merger with Bass Pro there have been a few changes.

what did the old discount used to be ?

I am a Forum User
    Actually that’s always been their policy as long as I’ve known

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    what did the old discount used to be ?
    I think it was 10%

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    I think it was 10%
    That’s correct.

I’m not going to complain. Something is better than nothing. And they don’t have to offer that something.

But the good news is that Lowes has reinstated the Military discount of 10%. I heard it on the radio this morning!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    But the good news is that Lowes has reinstated the Military discount of 10%. I heard it on the radio this morning!
    I've been using that for a couple of years now.
    I like the way they handle it,because it's embedded into your customer profile,and every time you buy something,the discount is automatically applied, without having to ask for it.

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Bought a new firearm and some ammo at Cabela's today at their Father's day.

So, at the checkout asked for my veteran discount that I've received in the past and they told me they no longer honor the veteran discount on gun and ammo purchases. Seems since the merger with Bass Pro there have been a few changes.
    I have used my veterans discount at both bass pro and cabelas recently, to my knowledge it has never applied to firearms or ammunition, I am sure there’s a limitation on how much off of any single purchase but I would never consider buying a boat or other large purchase at a big box store like that.

I believe Lowe’s always “matched” the military discount of HD to compete, and I’ve recently heard advertising implying that it’s now a policy?

HD has a written limitation into the policy for how much off a purchase, and a limitation to which forms of ID are acceptable. To which some people are more steadfast on those rules than others causing conflict and confusion as to which IDs are acceptable.

I have had a list of locations along i75 that gave military/ veteran/retired or other service (police/fire/ambulance) discounts, up to which ones were 50% off but some of these establishments have since changed ownership and/or I haven’t been there in a while. Most of these places I visited while actively serving the National guard and in uniform, which is how I found them. I usually don’t remember or think about going out of my way to ask, but some cashiers will recognize the bank card and ask if I was a service member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I have used my veterans discount at both bass pro and cabelas recently, to my knowledge it has never applied to firearms or ammunition, I am sure there’s a limitation on how much off of any single purchase but I would never consider buying a boat or other large purchase at a big box store like that.

I believe Lowe’s always “matched” the military discount of HD to compete, and I’ve recently heard advertising implying that it’s now a policy?

HD has a written limitation into the policy for how much off a purchase, and a limitation to which forms of ID are acceptable. To which some people are more steadfast on those rules than others causing conflict and confusion as to which IDs are acceptable.

I have had a list of locations along i75 that gave military/ veteran/retired or other service (police/fire/ambulance) discounts, up to which ones were 50% off but some of these establishments have since changed ownership and/or I haven’t been there in a while. Most of these places I visited while actively serving the National guard and in uniform, which is how I found them. I usually don’t remember or think about going out of my way to ask, but some cashiers will recognize the bank card and ask if I was a service member.
    I just had it put on my Driver's license, at the last renewal.
    ...Just send in your DD214,and honorable discharge.

The vet discount hasn’t applied to firearms in a long time. The hometown heroes events are the only two days it applies. Memorial and Veterans Day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast