Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

does my gun trust have to be registered in the state of michigan?

i just purchased silcencercos nfa easytrust and it states that the trust has to be registered in michigan.. i have also read on different forums that it does not have to be registered.. anybody have any advice?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    No
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Define "registered". who are you supposed to register with? I signed my trust in front of a notary, got the stamp, and that was all that was required.
    If I had to give you advice, i'd say to get a refund on the trust and pay a little extra for a trust written up by a good lawyer in your area - one that will answer questions and give solid advice.
    Shyster did mine years ago, and I still get answers when I ask him questions at odd hours via email.

In other words, the company that did your trust is already wrong, the internet stuff you've read is wrong. how many things do you want to be wrong about when a mistake can be a federal crime?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.