Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Ruger 44 magnum semi auto carbine

Hey guys, girls
    Just bought a Ruger 44 Mag semi auto on Gun Broker.
    According to the serial number, it wasmade in 1972.
    It's a sport model I'm told with a cheekpiece.

I don't know what model it is.
    No indication on the frame other than the serial #

Anyone have a clue ?
    Thanks.

Banned
    Welcome. A pic would help, lacking that Call Ruger

MGO Board of Directors

Does it look like this, but with a fancier stock?
    Name:  DSCN0214.jpg
Views: 2989
Size:  94.8 KBName:  DSCN0214.jpg
Views: 2989
Size:  94.8 KB
    Sort of like a 10/22 but the rounds feed through the bottom, like a shotgun?
    Then it's a Ruger .44 Carbine.
    I have had mine since the early '80s, and love it.
    I can PM you a manual in pdf, if you want.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

To the best of my knowledge Ruger didn't make the 44 mag with any stocks with a cheek-piece ( I might be mistaken). However macongunstocks.com did make an after market stock for the 44 with a cheek piece.

MGO Board of Directors

I moved this thread from the Introductions forum.

Welcome Rugerman123!

You should get lots of info here.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Ruger didn't make the 44 mag with any stocks with a cheek-piece ( I might be mistaken). However macongunstocks.com did make an after market stock for the 44 with a cheek piece.
    I believe this to be true also. I've not seen a factory one with such a stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Ruger made a finger groove walnut (not hardwood) stock with cheekpiece called the "Deluxe" IIRC. How long or many I can't say.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    The OPs gun is a Model 44 Carbine. Made from 1962-85. Previously known as the Deerstalker (1961-62). Ruger also made a 44 carbine based on the Mini 14 action called the Deerfield Carbine from 2000-2006.

From the wikipedia page...

"Ruger offered several variants including the RS model that had factory sling swivels and a rear peep sight close to the rear receiver lug. The International Model was similar, but lacked the rear peep sight and had a Mannlicher-type stock. The Sporter was the same, but made use of a Monte-Carlo style of stock. These three variants were dropped from production in 1971. In the final year of production, Ruger offered a "25th Anniversary Edition" that featured a Ruger medallion embedded in the stock."

Based on the above, I'm guessing the OP's gun is a standard model with a cheekpiece added or perhaps an 1971 or eariler Sporter.

MGO Member
    Assuming the OP's rifle is the attached, think the stock may be aftermarket.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774331026
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat12 View Post
    Assuming the OP's rifle is the attached, think the stock may be aftermarket.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774331026
    Definitely aftermarket stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast