Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

5 of the biggest complaints about the M16A4 — the Marines' standard service rifle for nearly 20 years

The M16A4 was the standard service rifle for the Marine Corps until October 2015, when it was decided that the M4 Carbine would replace them in infantry battalions. For whatever reason, civilians tend to think the M16A4 is awesome when, in reality, it's actually despised by a lot of Marines. Now, the M16A4 is, by far, not the worst weapon, but it didn't exactly live up to the expectations laid out for it. They're accurate and the recoil is as soft as being hit in the shoulder with a peanut, so it certainly has its place. But when Marines spend a considerable amount of time in rainy or dusty environments, they'll find it's not the most reliable rifle. ...

http://www.businessinsider.com/compl...edium=referral
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    the M16A4 rusts and gets a crudded up chamber after one magazine but the same basic rifle with a shorter barrel, DOESNT?

I am a Forum User
    Faults cited by Business Insider are all phony. The only one with a scintilla of truth is the jamming, which is invariably due to insufficient rifle cleaning, nonexistent lubrication, and rusty, dirty, clapped out magazines.

The only genuine issue with the M16A2 and M16A4 is the horrible burst fire trigger group. Its let off is a scratchy, indistinct surprise even when switched to semiautomatic. Unshootable.

I am a Forum User
    better than a sharp stick

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    better than a sharp stick
    Put the bayonet on and it is a sharp stick...

I am a Forum User
    Every complaint in the article about the A4 exists with the M4, except "it's too long". 6" shorter barrel and a collapsible stock make it easier to "jump through windows" (which is something I never did in CQB, but I guess the Marines do?).

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ltdave View Post
    the M16A4 rusts and gets a crudded up chamber after one magazine but the same basic rifle with a shorter barrel, DOESNT?
    Well the parkerizing is new so there will be fewer issues rusting, until the sand wears that off as well.

Don't know why they are still using parked barrels, as new methods hold up SO much better.