Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am a Forum User
    well, here is my 2 cents..

Like many of you... I hunt in Northern Michigan.. unlike many of you... I go out even in blinding snow... even rain. LOL.

A billion or so years ago, I came across Outers Gun Slick. And it is a heavier oil, with good covering characteristics.
    Dries to a "greasy" sort of stuff. I usually clean, and cot the acion ( underneather the wood or synth stock part.)
    before I finish my sighting check. Then, I coat the metal pars with it before I go out.

Usually lasts all day ( or more importantly.. longer than I do.. ) I have sat with 3..5 inches of snow covering me and the rifle..
    and never had an issue.

The "new" GunSlick is not as good ( IMHO) but is capable.

Shoot straight!

Quote Originally Posted by pkuptruck View Post
    well, here is my 2 cents..

Like many of you... I hunt in Northern Michigan.. unlike many of you... I go out even in blinding snow... even rain. LOL.

A billion or so years ago, I came across Outers Gun Slick. And it is a heavier oil, with good covering characteristics.
    Dries to a "greasy" sort of stuff. I usually clean, and cot the acion ( underneather the wood or synth stock part.)
    before I finish my sighting check. Then, I coat the metal pars with it before I go out.

Usually lasts all day ( or more importantly.. longer than I do.. ) I have sat with 3..5 inches of snow covering me and the rifle..
    and never had an issue.

The "new" GunSlick is not as good ( IMHO) but is capable.

Shoot straight!
    I do, I just hunt in a covered blind, tent blind, old trailer etc.

Whats your next best that is not greasy ?

I am a Forum User
    In my experience, my guns don't need any super special grease/lubes while I'm out in the field. And yes, I hunt in the rain snow. I was sitting in a tree last November 15th all morning long in the monsoon.

Just wipe the damn gun down after your day in the field and don't do stupid things like leave it in a case, especially when wet. I really can't see any firearm rusting/corroding if after any type of use in any weather, you wipe the dirt/water/moisture off of it then just give it a light swabbing with Hoppe's #9 or any other similar product.

IMO, it's kinda like engine oil... they're all pretty damn good, but you gotta change the oil and filter. Be diligent with oil/filter changes and your engine will last, I don't care which brand of oil you use. Just take care of your stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    In my experience, my guns don't need any super special grease/lubes while I'm out in the field. And yes, I hunt in the rain snow. I was sitting in a tree last November 15th all morning long in the monsoon.

Just wipe the damn gun down after your day in the field and don't do stupid things like leave it in a case, especially when wet. I really can't see any firearm rusting/corroding if after any type of use in any weather, you wipe the dirt/water/moisture off of it then just give it a light swabbing with Hoppe's #9 or any other similar product.

IMO, it's kinda like engine oil... they're all pretty damn good, but you gotta change the oil and filter. Be diligent with oil/filter changes and your engine will last, I don't care which brand of oil you use. Just take care of your stuff.
    QFT

I am a Forum User
    I use sythetic 10w30 motor oil on metal, beeswax and mineral oil for wood. Never had an issue, even with months between inspections in an outdoor safe prone to temp and humidity changes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345