Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Gun industry sees banks as new threat to 2nd Amendment

Gun industry sees banks as new threat to 2nd Amendment

LISA MARIE PANE,
    Associated Press
    June 24, 2018

In this April 25, 2018, photo, Gary Ramey, owner and founder of Honor Defense, a gunmaker in Gainesville, Ga., holds a part from one of the company's firearms. Ramey and others in the gun industry are finding corporate America distancing itself from gunmakers and gun dealers, discontinuing discounts or refusing business. (AP Photo/Lisa Marie Pane)

GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) — With Gary Ramey's fledgling gun-making business taking off in retail stores, he decided to start offering one of his handguns for sale on his website.

That didn't sit well with the company he used to process payments, and they informed him they were dropping his account. Another credit card processing firm told him the same thing: They wouldn't do business with him.

The reason? His business of making firearms violates their policies.

Still, the industry believes it needs stronger laws against financial retaliation in the future.

"We may have to seek legislation to make sure it can't be done and that you can't discriminate against individuals from lawful exercise of a constitutional right," said Larry Keane, senior vice president and legal counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents gunmakers. "Imagine if banks were to say you can't purchase books or certain books aren't acceptable. That would be problematic and I don't think anyone would stand for that kind of activity by the banking industry."

I am a Forum User
    I've said it on here many times before and I'll say it again, if the Liberals find out they can use capitalism to destroy the Second Amendment we're in a lot of trouble. It appears that they have.

MGO Member
    I hope I'm not wrong, but somewhere in this country there must be a banking institution with enough business acumen to pick up all the business the others are giving away. If I ran a bank, I'd love to have the accounts of all the gun companies, and ancillary businesses.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I hope I'm not wrong, but somewhere in this country there must be a banking institution with enough business acumen to pick up all the business the others are giving away. If I ran a bank, I'd love to have the accounts of all the gun companies, and ancillary businesses.
    There are a few, but changing all your payroll around, contacting all your vendors and changing credit card info, etc probably takes a huge investment...
    Not to mention the cost of list sales associated with banks suddenly freezing your accounts, sending money back to purchasers without permission, and withholding large sums for imaginary legal reasons...

Nobody wants to be forced to invest all those resources to switch just because a bank CEO suddenly gets woke.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    The banks that control all of our purse strings are part of the one worlder, open border, no sovereign nation, club. They could shut anyone of us down, at any given time for whatever excuse. They know if they cut off our access to our finances we will dance to their tune.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    The banks that control all of our purse strings are part of the one worlder, open border, no sovereign nation, club. They could shut anyone of us down, at any given time for whatever excuse. They know if they cut off our access to our finances we will dance to their tune.
    Which is why they need to be regulated,just like a utility.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    We don't need regulation as long as they give credit to illegal aliens.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    I'd say we need to deregulate them so its easier for others to compete against them. Regulations are what has given us these huge banks.

Its also interesting that those who claim to be against discrimination are ok with it as long as its them doing the discriminating.