Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Great Lakes Gun Rights?

Anybody know anything about this guy and the organization?
    I somehow got on his mailing list.
    Looks a lot like spam to me.

Brenden Boudreau
    Executive Director
    Great Lakes Gun Rights
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Anybody know anything about this guy and the organization?
    I somehow got on his mailing list.
    Looks a lot like spam to me.

Brenden Boudreau
    Executive Director
    Great Lakes Gun Rights
    They have been around about as long MGO. Part of the MCRGO split back in the day. They still do some legislative work in Lansing, but are not as active as they us to be.

Not bad guys, so you can listen and make your our choice.

Were they GLSSA or was that another offshoot.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Were they GLSSA or was that another offshoot.
    That's another one.

I am a Forum User
    'Great Lakes Gun Rights' claims to be an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization', but they have never filed a Form 990. Michigan LARA does not have a 'Great Lakes Gun Rights' on file as a IRS 501(c)(4), but they do have a 'Great Lakes Gun Rights' on file as an LLC (LARA 801847980).

GLGR, LLC was founded in 2015 by James O. Bardwell, a lawyer from Windsor, Colorado. He operates a firm called 'Front Range Enterprises and Communications' which is behind (and the major financial beneficiary of) the 'National Association for Gun Rights', which is an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization' (EIN 54-2015951). It is not clear whether Front Range or NAGR own GLGR, but one of them do. If GLGR is owned by NAGR, they could plausibly claim to be an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization'.

Great Lakes Gun Rights and the National Association for Gun Rights each mailed one postcard in the 72nd State Representative primary race during 2016 - both slamming Ryan Gallogly and Bill Hirsch exclusively. Greg McNeilly, the DeVos operative, most likely provided GLGR and NAGR with the funding and the mailing list. DeVos was backing Tony Noto, who had an NRA 'Aq' rating. The mailers caught my attention because neither slammed Robert Coughlin, who held an NRA 'C' rating. Steve Johnson, Noto, and Gallogly all held NRA 'Aq' ratings and were all profoundly pro-gun. Hirsch did not reply to the NRA survey.

McNeilly independently attacked Johnson on non firearms issues through his well known, DeVos funded, political vehicle '21st Century Leadership Fund'. Johnson was so obviously pro-gun that any attack upon him, based on firearms issues, would have been widely interpreted as a political fraud within the district. The purpose of the GLGR and NAGR mailings were to knock Ryan Gallogly out of the race. He was seen as the front runner at the outset.

This was a major DeVos failure. Steve Johnson, the least beloved by DeVos, won in 2016. However the DeVos organization is going back at him this year from a new angle, with a female RINO candidate.
    Last edited by 10x25mm; 06-27-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Correct postcards sent in the 2016 72nd primary race.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    'Great Lakes Gun Rights' claims to be an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization', but they have never filed a Form 990. Michigan LARA does not have a 'Great Lakes Gun Rights' on file as a IRS 501(c)(4), but they do have a 'Great Lakes Gun Rights' on file as an LLC (LARA 801847980). It was founded in 2015 by James O. Bardwell, a lawyer from Windsor, Colorado. He operates a firm called 'Front Range Enterprises and Communications' which is behind (and the major financial beneficiary of) the 'National Association for Gun Rights', which is an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization' (EIN 54-2015951). It is not clear whether Front Range or NAGR own GLGR, but one of them do.

Great Lakes Gun Rights mailed two postcards in the 72nd State Representative race during 2016 slamming Ryan Gallogly and Bill Hirsch. Greg McNeilly, the DeVos operative, most likely provided GLGR with the funding and the mailing list. DeVos was backing Tony Noto, who had an NRA 'Aq' rating. The mailers caught my attention because they did not slam Robert Coughlin, who held an NRA 'C' rating. Steve Johnson, Noto, and Gallogly all held NRA 'Aq' ratings and were all profoundly pro-gun. Hirsch did not reply to the NRA survey. McNeilly independently attacked Johnson on non firearms issues through his well known, DeVos funded, political vehicle '21st Century Leadership Fund'. Johnson was so obviously pro-gun that any attack upon him, based on firearms issues, would have been widely interpreted as a political fraud. The purpose of the GLGR mailings were to knock Ryan Gallogly out of the race. He was seen as the front runner at the outset.

This was a major DeVosGLSSA failure. Steve Johnson, the least loved by DeVos, won in 2016. However the DeVos organization is going back at him this year from a new angle, with a female RINO candidate.
    You are correct. I got GLSSA (Great Lakes Shooting Sports Association)and GLGR mixed up.

GLSSA is the one that was formed in Michigan back when MGO started.

I am a Forum User
    They seem to be WAAAY behind.

They talk about the Permit to Purchase system being a de facto gun registration.

When in fact Michigan voted several years ago FOR gun registration and it's actually law now.

I wouldn't give them a dime as they seem to be a defunct org now.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    'Great Lakes Gun Rights' claims to be an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization', but they have never filed a Form 990. Michigan LARA does not have a 'Great Lakes Gun Rights' on file as a IRS 501(c)(4), but they do have a 'Great Lakes Gun Rights' on file as an LLC (LARA 801847980).

GLGR, LLC was founded in 2015 by James O. Bardwell, a lawyer from Windsor, Colorado. He operates a firm called 'Front Range Enterprises and Communications' which is behind (and the major financial beneficiary of) the 'National Association for Gun Rights', which is an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization' (EIN 54-2015951). It is not clear whether Front Range or NAGR own GLGR, but one of them do. If GLGR is owned by NAGR, they could plausibly claim to be an IRS 501(c)(4) 'social welfare organization'.

Great Lakes Gun Rights and the National Association for Gun Rights each mailed one postcard in the 72nd State Representative primary race during 2016 - both slamming Ryan Gallogly and Bill Hirsch exclusively. Greg McNeilly, the DeVos operative, most likely provided GLGR and NAGR with the funding and the mailing list. DeVos was backing Tony Noto, who had an NRA 'Aq' rating. The mailers caught my attention because neither slammed Robert Coughlin, who held an NRA 'C' rating. Steve Johnson, Noto, and Gallogly all held NRA 'Aq' ratings and were all profoundly pro-gun. Hirsch did not reply to the NRA survey.

McNeilly independently attacked Johnson on non firearms issues through his well known, DeVos funded, political vehicle '21st Century Leadership Fund'. Johnson was so obviously pro-gun that any attack upon him, based on firearms issues, would have been widely interpreted as a political fraud within the district. The purpose of the GLGR and NAGR mailings were to knock Ryan Gallogly out of the race. He was seen as the front runner at the outset.

This was a major DeVos failure. Steve Johnson, the least beloved by DeVos, won in 2016. However the DeVos organization is going back at him this year from a new angle, with a female RINO candidate.
    Supplementing that, we have this:

Great Lakes Gun Rights July Mailing Obverse jpg.jpgGreat Lakes Gun Rights July Mailing Reverse jpg.jpgNA of Gun Rights July Mailing Obverse jpg.jpgNA of Gun Rights July Mailing Reverse jpg.jpg

https://www.saf.org/dudley-browns-despicable-deception/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...000/#i65161847

More on the "National Association for Gun Rights". Looks like they are political hacks that like to stir up fake controversy to make money.
    Last edited by Divegeek; 06-29-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: added another link

MGO Board of Directors

Yep, think I'll be adding them to my SPAM filter.
    Thank you all for the in depth answers.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast