Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new nikon $199 red dot ... what do you guys think ?

https://www.guns.com/2018/06/21/niko...ealer-shelves/

I am a big nikon fan, I think they are the best bang for the buck out there.

Any reviews on this ?

anyone run into one of these in real life yet ?

Nikon isn't magic by any means. I like their magnified optics.

I like the Vortex Spark AR a bit better. Water proof and night vision compatibility, 2 spacers for absolute and 1/3 just like the Nikon.

Vortex has:
    1. AA battery. Not 2032.
    2. Rubber cover
    3. Auto off
    4. Lifetime on the spot replacement.
    5. A thinner profile because the battery is underneath.

I am a Forum User
    Unless you're a brand whore, save some money and buy the Holosun 403g. No reason to pay for the name tag.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Unless you're a brand whore, save some money and buy the Holosun 403g. No reason to pay for the name tag.
    do we know for sure that holosun is making it for them?
    look at the new SureFire red dots. they look the same as everything else, but they claim to be all in-house development.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    We'll certainly never get a copy of the OEM agreement, but I'm about as sure as all the Sig fanbois were when someone (I'll try to dig up the link) did a tear down of the Romeo5 dot and compared it to other known larger manufactures and the butthurt went rampant on forums across the land.
    Someone will do a disassembly / tear down on this one soon enough and crush the spirits of Team Nikon.

I say all of this as very much a very long time died in the wool Nikon loyal customer, (Film glass, SLR, DSLR, Optics, Scopes, etc.) but there's nothing new about their red dot offering. Old product with the "Nikon" tacked on to pick up some potential low hanging fruit in the consumer market space. I don't hate money.
    Last edited by Quads; 01-11-2019 at 10:53 AM.

We'll certainly never get a copy of the OEM agreement, but I'm about as sure as all the Sig fanbois were when someone (I'll try to dig up the link) did a tear down of the Romeo5 dot and compared it to other known larger manufactures and the butthurt went rampant on forums across the land.
    Someone will do a disassembly / tear down on this one soon enough and crush the spirits of Team Nikon.
    Im not exactly team nikon, though I do have two medium to lowish end nikon scopes, along with some bushnell again medium to low end ish. I do not even have any scopes over $300. Pretty low brow stuff.

About the sig stuff, so someone bought a sig and a what other model?

Tore them down and every component inside was exactly the same as well as you could tell by looking at it, is that the idea ?

I say all of this as very much a very long time died in the wool Nikon loyal customer, (Film glass, SLR, DSLR, Optics, Scopes, etc.) but there's nothing new about their red dot offering. Old product with the "Nikon" tacked on to pick up some potential low hanging fruit in the consumer market space. I don't hate money.
    Im not sure if that was directed at me, I just trust nikon and they have better distribution than a lot of the other red dots, so I was hoping cabelas etc would have it in the store.

Does cabelas or any local east side store carry primary arms, holosun, or sig red dots ?

I know you can find vortex and nikon seemingly everywhere.

I am a Forum User
    No, not directed at you per say, I said that (in the spirit of) I myself am team Nikon, and I can't see why someone would pay demonstrably more for essentially the same product, rebranded with a different knob or two, to simply to have the name "Nikon" on the side. When all things created equal, does exactly with the Holosun does.

I don't know if Cabela's carries the Holosun gear or not. I bought most of mine through Primary Arms. I like Marsh, he runs a solid business, and I'm more than confident if I had an issue with one, it would be pretty easy to make it right.

And yes, basically someone on arf / forum / youtube somewhere did basically that, they took the Romeo5 (and a few others) and tore it down piece by piece, next to the big label brand (I forget which one) to show it was essentially the same guts in a rebranded package. Same functionality, parts, technology, quality, etc. It's not uncommon for in-house brands to do it. Certainly nothing wrong with it, but like I said earlier, I can't justify spending more money on the same product without some additional intrinsic value, technology, etc. that adds to the overall quality or experience.

No, not directed at you per say, I said that (in the spirit of) I myself am team Nikon, and I can't see why someone would pay demonstrably more for essentially the same product, rebranded with a different knob or two, to simply to have the name "Nikon" on the side. When all things created equal, does exactly with the Holosun does.

I don't know if Cabela's carries the Holosun gear or not. I bought most of mine through Primary Arms. I like Marsh, he runs a solid business, and I'm more than confident if I had an issue with one, it would be pretty easy to make it right.

And yes, basically someone on arf / forum / youtube somewhere did basically that, they took the Romeo5 (and a few others) and tore it down piece by piece, next to the big label brand (I forget which one) to show it was essentially the same guts in a rebranded package. Same functionality, parts, technology, quality, etc. It's not uncommon for in-house brands to do it. Certainly nothing wrong with it, but like I said earlier, I can't justify spending more money on the same product without some additional intrinsic value, technology, etc. that adds to the overall quality or experience.
    interesting.

Rebranding is the norm.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast