Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Oregon Supreme Court Kills Assault Weapon Ban

Oregon Supreme Court Kills Assault Weapon Ban After Ordering Revisions to Deceptive Language

By Chris Reeves
    Townhall.com
    June 29th. 2018

On Wednesday, Oregon’s Supreme Court refused to approve Initiative Petition 43 - a state ballot proposal for an assault weapon and high-capacity magazine ban - due to the initiative’s repeated use of vague and misleading language and outright false claims to describe the proposed law to voters. Furthermore, the court directed Oregon’s attorney general to revise the language of the initiative to comply with state laws requiring Oregonians to be accurately informed about the law’s key provisions at the ballot box.

However, even if the necessary revisions were made to the gun control initiative’s language, supporters of the measure would need to collect 88,184 signatures by July 6thto get it on this year’s ballot. Furthermore, the collection of those signatures could not legally start until Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum made the revisions to the ballot language required by the court. Given these legal roadblocks, multiple local news sources were not optimistic about the initiative’s chances for success.

I am a Forum User
    Well looks like ORSC got it right...need more of this.

I am a Forum User
    Yes, more of this!

I am a Forum User
    Well, that halts it for this year. I'm willing to bet it'll be on next years ballot.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Well, that halts it for this year. I'm willing to bet it'll be on next years ballot.
    It may, but at least the wording will have to be truthful and not misleading. A win is a win, and we need more of them.