Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Texas Teachers Training to Shoot Back

Texas educators training to shoot back at school shooters

Associated Press
    June 29th.2018

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - The man and woman creep down the school hallway back-to-back, guns drawn. A tap on the backside signals they are ready to move into the next room.

He keeps his weapon pointed straight ahead. She scans for dangers that may spring up behind them.

"I'm going in, I'm going in," the man says in a low voice.

Alamo Area Council of Governments instructor Dale Marker addresses participants of school marshal training at at Bexar County Firearms Training Center on Friday, June 29, 2018 in San Antonio, Texas. The School Marshal Program, which essentially deputizes teachers and other staff members, trains school staff members to carry a concealed weapon and how to respond to an active shooter situation. (Josie Norris /The San Antonio Express-News via AP)

"To the right," he warns. He has spied the shooter. "To the right. One ... two ... three."

He's in the room. A roar of gunfire erupts and the sound of the shots and spent shell casings rattling to the floor echo down the hallway.

The shooter is down.

I am a Forum User
    In Friday's first practice run, a trainee turned the first corner and "shot" an instructor wearing a yellow vest at point blank range.
    Oops. And that is why you train the hell out of these scenarios.

I am a Forum User
    Thankfully, a “common sense” school safety program. As has been noted, when seconds count, LE is minutes away...

MHB