Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the report George! our FO on the job!

+ the op has been updated -To ALL members & non members all are encouraged to volunteer, the roster is THIN -we need your help!

Continuing with observation reports:

The signs have been running this for a few weeks now:

Img03_08-31-2018.JPGImg04_08-31-2018.JPG

They are also erecting additional tents:

Img01_08-31-2018.JPG

There is even one full of picnic tables located just south of the "food court", it may be where they are putting the beer concessions:

Img02_08-31-2018.JPG

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Well here we are people -Just a few days to the event! As now we have 6 people to cover 24 shifts.

Who will come on out and give MGO & your fellow members who are volunteering a hand?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeTee View Post
    Well here we are people -Just a few days to the event! As now we have 6 people to cover 24 shifts.

Who will come on out and give MGO & your fellow members who are volunteering a hand?
    You can put me down for 3:30-7:00 Saturday & all day Sunday. FYI this would be my first event so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    You can put me down for 3:30-7:00 Saturday & all day Sunday. FYI this would be my first event so I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Thanks Snowball!

It is real easy! on OJT is best - after you do Saturday -you will be all set for Sunday!

I will be posting a layout map of the fairgrounds with directions to the booth, it's easy to find, along with anything else you need to know!

See you there!

Back by the fairgrounds again today. They are continuing their set up and people are starting to move in:

They have put a line of flags all along the East side:

sept 18 img01.JPG

The big travel trailers are back in their regular spot:

Sept 18 img02.JPG

The boats are in their regular spot:

sept 18 img07.JPG

The very first booth in the big tent is being set up:

sept 18 img03.JPG

And finally, they are getting a last mow done, the trailer vendors, and a couple of food trailers are there.

sept 18 img05.JPG

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeTee View Post
    Show times dates and times;

Friday- September 7, Show opens at 5pm, but the booth needs to be staffed by at least 3pm to get it ready to open the show.

Shift #1-3pm to 9pm

Kilt Guy
    TallBear
    Double Tap

Saturday -September 8, 3 Shifts, a busy day 3~4 per shift needed

Shift #2 - 8:30am to 12:30 pm
    Kilt Guy
    Travisthared

Shift #3 - 12noon to 4pm

Double tap

Shift # 4 -3:30 to 7pm

oldmann1967
    Snowball

Sunday-September 9
    , 2 shifts these just work out to be a little longer, hard to make 3 shifts for Sunday 3-per shift needed

Shift # 5 -8:30am to 1pm

Snowball

Shift # 6 - 12:30pm to 5pm + pack up, this should not take too long, usually we start to wind down before 5pm.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    If I don’t end up working, I should be available Sunday for an all day + packup.
    Previously mentioned Friday I should be able to help after I get out of work, will depend on work commitments. They don’t exactly schedule things...
    Currently looks like I am working until 4pm on friday, and it is approximately an hour drive (not accounting for rush hour or other traffic) I will likely be late but I expect to be there, barring any surprise changes to plans.

Sunday is still looking like I'll be open for full day, again barring any surprise changes to plans.

Hopefully that will make your schedule look a little better.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Currently looks like I am working until 4pm on friday, and it is approximately an hour drive (not accounting for rush hour or other traffic) I will likely be late but I expect to be there, barring any surprise changes to plans.

Sunday is still looking like I'll be open for full day, again barring any surprise changes to plans.

Hopefully that will make your schedule look a little better.
    Yes it does, thanks!

MGO LIFE Member
    Almost 12 hours on Sunday and two shifts harsh

Looks like the weather might be in the 70s and b-e-a-utiful for the weekend.

It was still a little dreary when I was by there this morning, but things continue to progress towards getting things set up.

Just a few more shots from outside the perimeter. In no particular order, from outside the fence with a crappy flip phone camera. More boats, the "air dog" pool, a climbing "rock"(not erected yet) some tractors and mowers, deer blinds, vendor trucks, and a very recognizable trailer.

09-06-2018 Img02.JPG09-06-2018 Img01.jpg09-06-2018 Img03.JPG09-06-2018 Img06.JPG09-06-2018 Img07.JPG

PS
    Saw the set of A10s go over while I was there. It is a normal event here in I/C.

But it Looks like you were inside the wire LOL, we got there just in time for Tallbear to get the trailer BACKED in from the south end of the tent - before it was closed off by machinery, looks like we have that "Advertising / billboard space all to our self!
    Last edited by SeeTee; 09-06-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast