Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

SAF Sues To Stop Washington State Gun Control Initiative

Second Amendment Foundation Sues to Stop Washington Gun Control Initiative

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    July 3rd. 2018

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) is suing to stop Washington initiative I-1639 from being allowed on the ballot this November.

The News Tribune reports I-1639 raises the minimum age for long gun purchases from 18 to 21, requires a special background check for “assault weapon” purchases, and requires perpetual checks on all gun owners, to keep the state aware of those who must forfeit their right to keep and bear arms.

MGO Member
    I've been keeping an eye on this from the Weapons Outfitters facebook page. It is pretty shady what the left will do to get signatures. They have the font so tiny you can't read the law, and the don't even list the strike throughs that the law changes.

https://saveoursecurity.net/urgent-f...639-petitions/

I am a Forum User
    Washington bans anyone under 21 from buying assault rifles

SEATTLE — Washington on Tuesday joined a handful of other states that ban anyone under 21 from buying a semi-automatic assault rifle after voters passed a sweeping firearms measure in November that has drawn a court challenge from gun-rights advocates.

The ballot initiative seeks to curb gun violence by toughening background checks for people buying assault rifles, increasing the age limit to buy those firearms and requiring the safe storage of all guns. Only the age-limit portion of the measure goes into effect on Jan. 1; the rest becomes law on July 1.

“Starting today, young adults between the ages of 18 to 20 will have their rights to purchase semi-automatic rifles stripped away,” said Dave Workman, a spokesman for the Bellevue, Washington-based Second Amendment Foundation.

The federal lawsuit says the measure violates the Second and 14th amendments of the Constitution as well as gun sellers’ rights under the Commerce Clause. Plaintiffs in the lawsuit are firearms dealers in Spokane and Vancouver, a 19-year-old competitive shooter, a 19-year-old in the Army Reserves, a 20-year-old recreational shooter, the Second Amendment Foundation and the National Rifle Association.