Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Gun Buyback July 14th

Hey All,
    This just came across my FB page. The Caliber Foundation is hosting another Gun Buyback at Oak Grove Church. I'll try and not get a parking ticket this time.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1733825020059019/

Oak Grove Church
    19801 Cherrylawn Ave, Detroit, MI 48221

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

hahaha i JUST drove by there 2 hours ago and wondered when they were going to try it again.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Wonder if there'll be anything good to buy there for cheap [since the cops pay so little]?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Wonder if there'll be anything good to buy there for cheap [since the cops pay so little]?
    That’s what we all hope for. I went to one in Ypsi a year or so ago, unfortunately wasn’t much of anything worth buying.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    You must not remember the last time that church tried to do one of these, then cancelled it and had the cops harass us. i think it's possibly a setup and you should have a lawyer on standby to answer calls/texts...
    that being said, at OTHER gun buybacks, you're most likely to find old rusty .38 revolvers, a few marlin model 60 rifles, some beat up old pump shotguns, and a couple break action shotguns in even worse condition. If police are offering $50 in a gift card, a lot of people will not be offended by an offer of $60 cash. Some suddenly realize that what they have is worth more than a $50 gift card and rapidly start asking for more money. Haggling happens. Be prepared to get into a bidding war with other potential buyers.
    Some people will need to have the transfer laws explained. Have a stack of RI060 filled out with your info ahead of time so all you have to do is write down the gun info and have them sign. Some people will not sell for any price because they want to have their guns destroyed. There will often be one guy that looks suspiciously like a plainclothes cop turning in an AR15, just in time for the news cameras to record it. Some cops may breathe down your neck and try to scare sellers away. some cops may tell you you're not allowed on a public sidewalk. some cops may not let you be on the same side of the street. some may tell you you can't be on the same block. some may threaten you with loitering unless you walk back and forth.
    however... i've picked up a ted williams 3030 lever gun, a beretta 950(early model) .25, a colt police positive .38, a ruger 44mag carbine, 2 high standard .22mag derringers and another thing or two in decent condition for rock bottom prices. I've seen m1 garands and carbines. It was easier in the old days when there were a few less people trying to get good deals...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Maybe we will get lucky and one of our forum lawyers will attend. I hope to get there early and park my truck facing the correct way :0

I am a Forum User
    I spoke directly with the caliber foundation asking if they were having a buyback anytime soon in Detroit and was given the info above. I dont think this one is a setup.

I am a Forum User
    From the church website

Cash for Caliber!
    Jul 14 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
    Gun Buyback and Amnesty Program – $50 Visa Gift Card Per Weapon While Supplies Last – Limit Three Weapons Per Individual

http://oakgroveame.org/events/action...t_format~json/

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by machmanchuck View Post
    From the church website

Cash for Caliber!
    Jul 14 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
    Gun Buyback and Amnesty Program – $50 Visa Gift Card Per Weapon While Supplies Last – Limit Three Weapons Per Individual

http://oakgroveame.org/events/action...t_format~json/
    and this will be the day after payday for me?
    see the problem is that there were already 3 things i wanted to do. one gun volunteer event. one childrens hospital volunteer event. one gun class i wanted to take...
    sigh.

MGO Member
    Anyone else see humor in the "3 guns per person" limit? If the idea is to get guns "off the streets" why not by the truckload. If hastled, you could say you were just buying those over the 3 gun limit.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast