Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    First, super sketchy transportation method

second, 3 gun limit, pretty ironic

third, I hate hate that part of Wyoming with a passion

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Dang, if it were $100, I'd bring my Polymer 80 glock lower
    Lol, thought the same thing. I've got one that has messed up rear rails( first version that are plastic). Not worth 4 hour drive, for $50, not really for $100 either but it would definitely make it more worth going to find a deal on the side.

Wonder what they would do if I turned one in with another one on my hip. I need some money to buy groceries and I don't think anyone here would buy a H&R Safety Hammerless Top Break in .38 S&W.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

I am a Forum User
    I did that at the buyback in Highland Park, no issues.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    Wonder what they would do if I turned one in with another one on my hip. I need some money to buy groceries and I don't think anyone here would buy a H&R Safety Hammerless Top Break in .38 S&W.
    seems like a waste of a good old gun. too bad about the obsolete cartridge though.
    I bought a FIE titan tiger .38spl at one buyback - it was missing some pieces and the cops would only have given the person a $25 gift card for it. I gave him $30 cash. Then I decided it wasn't worth the money putting in to make it work again, so I sold it at the next buyback for $50 cash. I put my $20 profit towards a colt police positive .38spl that I only paid $70 for at the same buyback.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Score!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I got a FIE .25acp semiauto. There was also a taurus .38 revolver and a browning .25acp, a remington 870, an old single shot 22 lever action, and a colt .357 revolver that won't be made into overpriced jewelry

the certainly police got more than we did, but they got a lot of junk. I know they took a pellet rifle, and some assorted other junk that our side brought, and at least a few things our was offered by "sellers" but nobody wanted (e.g. I turned down a couple busted old break action shotguns).
    Saw one blue box, likely a S&W handgun, go in to the cops along with a decent looking lever rifle, possibly 30-30.

And yes, they had some kind of a plant. As soon as a certain lady came up, the cameras rolled out to record her. Of course, she said hi to her friends and hugged a person or two working the event, then took her scary evil rifle to be turned in.

We talked to a lot of people, told some about the laws. The cops were mostly decent. One tried to butt into my purchase and tell the lady that the buyback was on the other side of the street and they're the ones helping the community. I pointed out that i live nearby so i'm part of the community, I asked where the cop lived... he mumbled something about working for the community, then claimed to live in it too when I asked if he was PART of the community... but he wandered off after I pointed out that i'm helping my fellow community member by giving her more money that his people were giving in gift cards. I overheard a couple telling folks that what we were doing was illegal, or that he didn't know what we were doing and they should just drive past us.

A couple folks drove out near the end because they saw a poorly worded MOC post about how anybody with a CPL should show up with cash for cheap guns... we spent some time talking with them and giving them details on how it works.
    2 nice younger-ish guys showed up because they'd never been to a buyback and they were interested in seeing if they could pick up antique stuff. They said they had seen MGO and MOC posts about the event. We were happy to spend time talking with them and tell stories about how bad buybacks used to be compared to how they're mostly good now. One of them came from a country area and the entire back of his car was covered in mud, except for the part of his license plate that showed his status as a Marine. I had to give him credit for that.

Nobody got yelled at, harassed, handcuffed, or ticketed this time!
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I think I have buying at buybacks down to a science. I did pretty well. Also, this time around all of us were very good about not bidding each other up or crowding potential sellers. Hope to see you all next time around.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...art/781451002/

police said 126 got turned in compared to 498 last year. I'm calling BS on all of that...

I am a Forum User
    No harassment from the boys in blue?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast