Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

Cheap USB Bore Scope?

Anybody ever tried one of the cheap ($20'ish) USB borescope/camera/endoscopes on their rifle?
    Seems like it might work. They attach right to your smartphone, or computer, so you are not paying for a screen/reader like with a Lyman.

One issue would be getting one with a small enough head diameter to fit down a .22, or 5.56 bore.
    The smallest I've found on line--in the sub $100 category--are 5.5mm . In theory, that would fit.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Anybody ever tried one of the cheap ($20'ish) USB borescope/camera/endoscopes on their rifle?
    Seems like it might work. They attach right to your smartphone, or computer, so you are not paying for a screen/reader like with a Lyman.

One issue would be getting one with a small enough head diameter to fit down a .22, or 5.56 bore.
    The smallest I've found on line--in the sub $100 category--are 5.5mm . In theory, that would fit.
    I used this previously: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wasnt worth keeping (bought for a project, forgot to use it), but its a decent product.

MGO Board of Directors

Did you ever try it on a rifle barrel?
    Seems like it has a long focal length for inspecting a gun barrel
    From the ad:
    "the best observation distance is about 1.2Inch-2.36Inch"
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.