Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    You're not selling it though, you're turning it into the police.

I am a Forum User
    If it's truly turned into the police dept, doesn't it become an asset of the city and is required to be sold?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    If it's truly turned into the police dept, doesn't it become an asset of the city and is required to be sold?
    They can sell it or keep it.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    How many of the "assault weapons" have "police inventory" stamped on the side?
    Some do, depending on the jurisdiction. My bother in law is a captain at a department up north and he told me that after Sand Hook, a resident came to the department and turned in several rifles that belonged to her late husband. The Mini 14 went into the armory, and the Whetherby went to the local gun shop. The owner gave the department credit for ammo. I did an internship with the Kalamazoo County sheriffs department in 1998 and upon getting a tour of their armory they had several random ARs that were seized and moved into inventory. They also had a Thompson, which was simply bad ass. My mentor there told me the department had that in their inventory for ages.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_lar View Post
    Some do, depending on the jurisdiction. My bother in law is a captain at a department up north and he told me that after Sand Hook, a resident came to the department and turned in several rifles that belonged to her late husband. The Mini 14 went into the armory, and the Whetherby went to the local gun shop. The owner gave the department credit for ammo. I did an internship with the Kalamazoo County sheriffs department in 1998 and upon getting a tour of their armory they had several random ARs that were seized and moved into inventory. They also had a Thompson, which was simply bad ass. My mentor there told me the department had that in their inventory for ages.
    That's not what JDeko was talking about. He is talking about how many were fake turn-ins just to look good for the cameras.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    That's not what JDeko was talking about. He is talking about how many were fake turn-ins just to look good for the cameras.
    Duh...I was thinking the "police inventory" stamping came after it was turned in. I am so smart..SMRT.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    They can sell it or keep it.
    But, can they destroy it?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    But, can they destroy it?
    Short answer...yes.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by emuscott View Post
    How many were stolen the night before just to get some cash for the next day???
    This is my question.... crack heads gonna crack head...

Anyone notice they bought back 187 guns? I thought that was ironic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12