Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

anybody knowledgeable on broomhandle mausers

[IMG][/IMG]

thought i had better pictures, ill get more tommorow
    the ones of the whole gun got lost somehow but it has the stock everything appears to be functional

Friends father passed and this is one of the guns in the safe he offered it to me for 200, i told him i would love to have it, its one of my grail guns but its worth much more than that

any info would be appreciated
    Last edited by wsr; 07-16-2018 at 06:34 PM.

I am a Forum User
    There's some folks on Jan Still's Luger forum that could likely help. Its part of the gunboards forum.

MGO Member
    If in any kind of decent condition, is worth well north of $200. Quite a few were imported from China several years ago. To class them as rough would be too kind. Many of them had barrels completely shot out. From the pitting shown in your pictures, guessing this one is from that batch. I'm sure there are still smiths out there that can rebarrel/rebuild them if you are willing to sink a little treasure in it.

link: http://luger.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?38-1900-1918-German-(non-P0-Pistols-amp-Holsters
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Almost certainly a genuine Mauser C96. Mismatched parts, so it is difficult to evaluate without more comprehensive, higher definition photos. The hole in the safety knob and the position of the partial serial number on the barrel extension suggest a prewar commercial, but the proofs don't seem correct. Sights, barrel length, caliber, and other markings all important. Does it have a Mauser Banner? What is the full serial number?

Original C96 stocks were made of walnut. The Chinese repros were usually some kind of light tropical hardwood.

I am a Forum User
    I just sold an identical one with all matching numbers for $1100 if that helps

I am a Forum User
    You might want to remove the grips. I think you'll find the metal behind the grips has rusted away.