Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Ortonville DNR Range

Does anyone have any experience with the Ortonville Range? I saw the pictures on the DNR site and it looks great! I thought I had hard some problems with that range a long time ago but relying on my memory is a problem.

My grand Daughter and I am thinking of taking the drive and checking it out Thursday or Friday.

Thanks

Del

I am a Forum User
    Its a nice range. They have a 200 yard rifle range which is a plus. The only things to keep in mind that I'm aware of is that you're supposed to have a recreation pass to get in and they have all the standard dnr range rules (limitations).

MGO Member
    Haven't been in a while but when I went it was a good experience. No charge and included skeet using your own thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by maustin195 View Post
    Haven't been in a while but when I went it was a good experience. No charge and included skeet using your own thrower.

It is a part of the state recreation area and a park plate or day pass is required. The range is manned the last I heard with a RSO who will take your money and issue the day pass if you need it.

I have not shot there in quite a few years due to joining area gun clubs, but did enjoy it when I did use the range and, have not heard any complaints from fellow shooters that still do go at times. It was one of our families favorite places to shoot back in the late 60's/early 70's plus had the 200yd range way back then.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray