Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

do I want a 9mm felt bob to polish ramp on 9m sig ?

I have a sig p6 I had good luck with years, it actually jammed with practice ammo so I am going to polish the ramp.

I think this makes sense https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Buffin...rds=9+felt+bob

They sell other sizes 10 mm 11 mm 12 mm etc.

I have flitz polish.

this vid says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfye--eO9xg

use red rough first then white rough to fine polish it.

What say you, what do I need.

I already have the dremel kits. A vice, all that other stuff I could need.

It's worked for years and just now fumbled with a new practice round so you want to change the gun?

I'd toss the offending ammo and go back to the tried and true brands/type you have shot all these years. Forget fluffing and buffing. Your ramp is likely as smooth as it needs to be, just not the right/optimum geometry for the bullet you had problems with. Or maybe the recoil pulse is lacking? Who knows?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Polish it, you won't hurt a thing with jeweler's rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    It's worked for years and just now fumbled with a new practice round so you want to change the gun?

I'd toss the offending ammo and go back to the tried and true brands/type you have shot all these years. Forget fluffing and buffing. Your ramp is likely as smooth as it needs to be, just not the right/optimum geometry for the bullet you had problems with. Or maybe the recoil pulse is lacking? Who knows?
    That crossed my mind but it honestly does have machining marks sorta ribs going left and right. Just compared it to my xd 45 and the springfield is almost mirror like. I figured it cant hurt to buff it.

I basically have all the tools I would need.

just did it. I have so much crap I have crap I did not know I had. Dug through all my various dremel BS i had a perfect 9mm bullet shaped pad. Used flitz, huge difference.

I am a Forum User
    Attaboy

there are still machining groves left to right you can see in really bright light, then I put the springfield under a lamp, I could see a similar amount or similar depth. So I guess if its similar to the XD then it must be ok. I erred on the side of caution.

I am a Forum User
    Cratex bobs are what you crave. Different grits and sizes available. Best feed ramps imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    Cratex bobs are what you crave. Different grits and sizes available. Best feed ramps imaginable.
    can you help narrow what I should get.

Only interested so far in what I would need for a .45 and 9mm.

https://www.cratex.com/Products/Rubber-Abrasives

I am a Forum User
    Get the pointed conical shapes in various diameters - one spot on the cone will be perfect for any gun.

Stick with fine and XF grits unless you have serious topography on the ramp. My Gen 2 G17 had a divot in the middle of the ramp, not gonna polish that away.

The cratex points wear away so as one gets thinner it fits smaller calibers etc. I bought a variety of shapes and grits for multipurpose shop use, a great investment.

Don't forget the arbors.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast