Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    This^^^^
    -OR-
    Has your barrel been re-profiled for hollow point ammo? If I was carrying a P6, this would certainly be the first thing I would do.
    No it was the original p6 barrel, I knew it was not going to be good with hollow point, but I should try some corbon pow r ball with the plastic BB in the hollow point cavity.

It jammed with practice ammo it bit into the feed ramp twice in two boxes of ammo then I saif *** it and put it away and switced to my xd.

There machine groves were pretty pronounced on the feed ramp, and I had shot a number of times and maybe should have wiped it down but i like to push it with how far I can go with out cleaning.

I had one that fed Federal Hydashoks with the original bbl. It fed every thing I gave it, actually, but it was just a range gun.
    Active airport shooter

I had one that fed Federal Hydashoks with the original bbl. It fed every thing I gave it, actually, but it was just a range gun.
    I wanted to throw a srt kit in mine and carry it. I never carried it because the sights are stock sorta trashy, and the ramp. Maybe I should try some hydrashocks or really polish the crap out of it.

I do not see why its so hard to get a barrel for it, they made a ton of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    All ramps should be smooth. Many mass produced guns including higher end ones have machining marks perpendicular to the feed axis.
    These can cause visible copper build-up over time on the ramp, a sure sign of excess friction and an impediment to smooth reliable feeding.

All we are doing here is removing high spots [ridges] to give a smooth ramp surface. Should be done at factory but secondary finishing operations cost a lot and are frequently eliminated.

Altering ramp profile is another issue entirely but that is gonna take you a long long time using a felt bob with rouge or a fine cratex point. Unless you are using an abrasive grinding point you will burn out your Dremel before you remove enough metal to change the shape that much.
    carbon build up as well, I like to shoot my non carry guns as much as possible and clean as little as possible and see what it can do.

There was a lot of carbon soot settled on the feed ramp, and clinging to it in my opinion.

This^^^^
    -OR-
    Has your barrel been re-profiled for hollow point ammo? If I was carrying a P6, this would certainly be the first thing I would do.
    I like it and really shoot it well with the new wolf spring kit I put in it. I never carried it because I did not want to put a ton of many brands of pricey hollow points in it, and still be where I started. So I never pursued it much.

I never got an email back from cratex

is this the smallest kit ? https://www.cratex.com/Products/Rubb...nt-Kit-No.-167

its unclear if the diameters would be appropriate for a 9mm and a 45acp.

I am a Forum User
    Have you considered changing your recoil spring? A weakened spring will not push the round into the chamber with as much force, leading to ftf. It will also cause stress on the gun as the slide slams back to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Have you considered changing your recoil spring? A weakened spring will not push the round into the chamber with as much force, leading to ftf. It will also cause stress on the gun as the slide slams back to stop.
    I had not done it, but its so cheap I guess I should just to eliminate it as a problemm source. The gun was mint inside, mint rails when I got it.

looks like midway has it for 7.99 so ill order one https://www.midwayusa.com/product/34...p225-p228-p229

I am a Forum User
    Another option is to use a slightly stronger than stock recoil spring. It may not feed light target loads as well, but will make harder to feed rounds go in better.

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Another option is to use a slightly stronger than stock recoil spring. It may not feed light target loads as well, but will make harder to feed rounds go in better.
    Ill have to look up some stuff, I think its 16 factory, you think I should order a 16 and a 18 or something like that and try them out ?

Or just go right to the 18, since I have no problem racking it, there is no other downside to an 18 lb spring other than a bit more resistance racking it, right ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast