Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Detroit Metro Gunsmiths that can weld?

I've been pulling together a H&K PSG1 clone and I'm finally ready to have the thing welded up. The welder I had intended to use refused because he doesn't have an FFL. Anyone know if there's a smith in the Detroit Metro area with welding skill?

I am a Forum User
    Dakota tactical...hk roller locks are their thing

Bahaha the next town over, how have I never heard of these guys!? The HK crowd is generally pretty small... Thanks a lot!

I am a Forum User
    Doug Jones, ( Acc-U-Rail ) in Rochester Hills, has welded lugs on a pistol barrel (improving lock up) while custom fitting it to the slide.
    I believe he can do anything you want done..(he was a machinist before got into gunsmithing.)

I'll have to check Doug out. Dakota Tactical has a 4 month backlog of work to get through.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scider View Post
    I'll have to check Doug out. Dakota Tactical has a 4 month backlog of work to get through.
    Dakota Tactical has a backlog because he's good. I would wait unless you don't really want good.

4 months is not really that long all things considered. He has a good rep and is local, the back log is just proof he is good and in demand.

MGO Member
    Dakota Tactical has a sterling reputation in the HK community. I'd go with them.

another plus 1 for Dakota . Joes work and expertise is worth the wait

Well Dakota never did pan out. They told me they had a back log and to contact them later but I never could get through. Finally got a reply from their website recently and they're exclusively MP5 production now, no custom work. The search continues I suppose.