Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone make a red dot that

..activates with one click to a pre determined brightness setting?

I have a couple Aimpoints, a RMO, a couple Bushnells, a Primary Arms and a simmons. They all have to be cycled thru to the desired setting.

I know with the higher end stuff the battery is such that you could leave it on and change it out yearly.

I am looking for something that can stand up to the recoil of a HD shotgun. Thanks.

MGO Member
    I have a Holosun works great for me. When you turn it off with the switch instead of a time out off, it goes back to your last setting.

Thank you! I see that Primary Arms has them for $205. in today's email...Hmm

Does anyone know of any others?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I really need to try one of the higher holosun or sig sights - the idea that they auto-off after a while of inactivity and then kick back on right where you left them when you pick up the gun is a very interesting compromise for not having the lifespan of an aimpoint.

but yeah, without trying to be a smartbutt... buy why would you bother to turn an aimpoint off?
    they're rated for 3 years continuous battery life at daylight settings... if it's a home defense gun, you're not gonna have it at full daylight setting, so if you change the battery once every few years you're covered. mine has been at setting 7/10 for about a year and a half. It's a little dim for looking out the window on a sunny day, but it's bright and easy to see at my normal house light levels.
    meanwhile, something like an eotech is rated for "almost" a month but I've had batteries give out in just a couple trips to the range.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Vortex does, at least the ones that use buttons and not a dial.

I have a couple of the holosuns that turn on based on movement and they are great. I can't remember the model but one of the tru glo red dots is a rebranded holosun and costs $50-70 less than the same thing with holosun written on it. I think it's called a tru dot. I have one on my m&p 15-22. I haven't changed the battery in a year and a half and it's still bright.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

@ DSG, that is a good question that I don't have a good answer for...options I guess.

The youth 870 20 gauge I bought for the grandsons has been outgrown by them all and I was thinking of dressing it up with some mods for HD. It's light and easier for the wife to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeforcerm View Post
    I have a couple of the holosuns that turn on based on movement and they are great. I can't remember the model but one of the tru glo red dots is a rebranded holosun and costs $50-70 less than the same thing with holosun written on it. I think it's called a tru dot. I have one on my m&p 15-22. I haven't changed the battery in a year and a half and it's still bright.

this one, i might like one on a 22 as well. https://trutactical.com/products/tru...mm-red-dot-blk

you sure its exactly the same ?

Yes, I have the holosun one and the tru glo. Almost the same. The mount is different and I think the holosun has a longer warranty. I have a holosun on an 870 and it's held up for a few years now. I was sceptical but a friend talked me into it. Probably has 300 rounds through it now.

A lot of the primary arms stuff is rebranded holosun.

I just went and looked at them and the holosun has the adjustment cap shrouded and the tru glo doesnt. I would avoid the holosun with the solar panel. I have heard about them having issues from a few friends.
    Last edited by Galeforcerm; 08-04-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I really need to try one of the higher holosun or sig sights - the idea that they auto-off after a while of inactivity and then kick back on right where you left them when you pick up the gun is a very interesting compromise for not having the lifespan of an aimpoint.

but yeah, without trying to be a smartbutt... buy why would you bother to turn an aimpoint off?
    they're rated for 3 years continuous battery life at daylight settings... if it's a home defense gun, you're not gonna have it at full daylight setting, so if you change the battery once every few years you're covered. mine has been at setting 7/10 for about a year and a half. It's a little dim for looking out the window on a sunny day, but it's bright and easy to see at my normal house light levels.
    meanwhile, something like an eotech is rated for "almost" a month but I've had batteries give out in just a couple trips to the range.
    So i have not done much with higher end aimpoints and trijicons etc but none of them are you saying, none have an auto on off, or return to brightness you set even the ones that are pushing $1000 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast