Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

are all the big name BDC scopes and matching phone apps pretty much the same.

I have four 22 lr rifles, looking to put warne rings and a 2-7 bdc nikon on one, looking to fill out my amazon order with another one, possibly vortex or bushnell.

Is it all the same stuff ?

possible order https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Zone...32mm+p-rimfire

this is the one I want most, https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-RIMFIRE...32mm+p-rimfire

or should I just stay with one brand and learn that one app that makes sense as well.

this 2-7 vortex was in the mix as well, its cheaper than the nikon and I kinda want to test out a vortex, all I have ever had are not high buck bushnell 3-9 centerfire stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics.../dp/B00794LKMW

Personal opinion, go with the Nikon.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Personal opinion, go with the Nikon.
    I was leaning that way, its not a big price difference do you think all the apps are pretty much the same and its no big deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I was leaning that way, its not a big price difference do you think all the apps are pretty much the same and its no big deal ?
    If you are asking if they all give accurate drop figures I would say yes, provided good data was used when asking for it. A range finder is going to be needed to tell you how far if shooting at unknown ranges. (a target range gives you this number to start) and "come ups" can be found on the ammo manufactures sites or figured on most ballistic programs once you know this. A good scope with accurate tracking will easily adjust to this number and, be as accurate as the fancy hash marks. The hash marks will be quicker however if that's important to you.

As important, if you are shooting much over 100 yds wind becomes as much of a problem as drop if there is more then a mild breeze with a 22LR. As little as a 15mph winds effect on your 100yd zero would have your bullet drifting about 4.25" assuming a load like the CCI mini mag. Drop from said zero at just 125 yds is near 3" and wind affects the bullet another 2.5". As far as I know these rimfire phone apps don't figure wind and if they do you will need a method of wind measurement to add to your input data.

I (again personal opinion) feel this type of scope and the apps that accompany them are more suited to centerfire cartridges and their firearms.

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

If you are asking if they all give accurate drop figures I would say yes, provided good data was used when asking for it. A range finder is going to be needed to tell you how far if shooting at unknown ranges. (a target range gives you this number to start) and "come ups" can be found on the ammo manufactures sites or figured on most ballistic programs once you know this. A good scope with accurate tracking will easily adjust to this number and, be as accurate as the fancy hash marks. The hash marks will be quicker however if that's important to you.
    Because where I hunt and I do not have any really great rifles with great triggers and scopes I pretty much shoot at 100 and 200 yards with centerfire. I hunt sub 60 yards. I use open sights hunting often. Guess I should step up and get a range finder.

I will be just punching holes with the .22 marlin, and hunting squirel.

As important, if you are shooting much over 100 yds wind becomes as much of a problem as drop if there is more then a mild breeze with a 22LR. As little as a 15mph winds effect on your 100yd zero would have your bullet drifting about 4.25" assuming a load like the CCI mini mag. Drop from said zero at just 125 yds is near 3" and wind affects the bullet another 2.5". As far as I know these rimfire phone apps don't figure wind and if they do you will need a method of wind measurement to add to your input data.

I (again personal opinion) feel this type of scope and the apps that accompany them are more suited to centerfire cartridges and their firearms.
    so of the reviews made the nikon one seem fool proof, I guess we will see.

I have been thinking of trading off or selling a 22 for a 17 hmr, something that can shoot at a greater distance.

Because where I hunt and I do not have any really great rifles with great triggers and scopes I pretty much shoot at 100 and 200 yards with centerfire. I hunt sub 60 yards. I use open sights hunting often. Guess I should step up and get a range finder.

I will be just punching holes with the .22 marlin, and hunting squirel.

so of the reviews made the nikon one seem fool proof, I guess we will see.

I have been thinking of trading off or selling a 22 for a 17 hmr, something that can shoot at a greater distance.

22's carry over a mile, how far can YOU shoot accurately? Practice is key.

I can't shoot a mile. I do not have access to a spot to even try that. Not even more than 600 yards with a 308.

What do you shoot your 22 at ?

I can't shoot a mile. I do not have access to a spot to even try that. Not even more than 600 yards with a 308.

What do you shoot your 22 at ?

Dirt.
    According to my wife I spend 100'S of dollars just shooting dirt.

I shoot mostly at 100yds with my 22 rifles, 50 if the wife is with me.
    I try shooting 200 meters on occasion at a 6" steel if it's a fairly calm day, but past that I don't have access to a range.

I'd never even see the target that guy in the video shoots at, let alone consider myself ready to attempt that.

Here is a good example of the targets I like to play with at 100yd. You will need more then a 3x9 to shoot them over 50 though. Aim small..
    https://openclipart.org/detail/268362/rfc-target
    https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/target/s20.pdf

DBL tap..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast