Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Closed Forum User

When do you do most of your reloading?

I do most of my reloading on a rainy day on the weekend or primarily during the winter time to pass time.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Ditto
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Winter, every winter I spend at least one full weekend in my reloading room just making pistol rounds

I find my self doing something related to loading a hour or two at least one day every other week, usually closer to once a week if I'm not spending a day dumping powder and seating bullets. Cleaning brass, sizing, hand priming etc.

I am on a range 2-3 days a week minimum. I shoot something most of those days, often multiple guns. This Monday I shot my 6x45, and Sunday a 6br and 22 rifle. Dumped a few mags of 45acp and 9mm both earlier last week. 2 magazines 9mm today and a few rounds from a friends 22.

Semi retired and lovin' it...
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    It all depends if my kids have sorted brass or if they're behind schedule on keeping the production line stocked with new product.

I am a Forum User
    Whenever I need some more, I like to cast and load a lot of what I am doing if I have a load all figured out. Just finished 2000 45 ACP and 1500 45 Colt. Now I have a new 6.5 Grendel and I need to work up a load for that so it will only be a few for a ladder load.

MGO Board of Directors

Nowadays, it seems like Im loading the night before a match or range trip. Before kids, it was a Saturday or Sunday morning thing.

I am a Forum User
    Whenever I get low. Try to keep a few hundred of the ones I don’t shoot often, and I’ll load up a couple thousand 9mm, 45’s or 556 at a time. Don’t usually have to do that too often though. Don’t get to shoot near as much as I would like.

90+ degree days or crappy weather on the weekend. I used to get stocked up with a couple thousand rounds over the winter. However, with my kids getting into sports I don't have the lazy Saturday mornings anymore.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorman View Post
    I do most of my reloading on a rainy day on the weekend or primarily during the winter time to pass time.
    I shoot about every day so I usually re-load 3 to 4 times a week in the very early morning, as to me, nothing goes better with a cup coffee than bullets, powder, & primers.

Some weeks I load something every day but usually not many at a time as I do a lot of special load work-up's & chrono work as I'm a constant tinkerer always looking for quieter suppressed loads or more accuracy, or just trying different bullet types & designs.

This quest-for-quiet seems to be my main focus this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast