Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: POF-USA

MGO LIFE Member

POF-USA

Does anyone own a rifle from Patriot Ordinance Factory, I have generated an interesting question regarding its mono rail design where the handrail continues in one singular rail along the top of the upper receiver.

I don't have it right in front of me, but it has 4-5 screws T10 flush that screw into what appear to be brass bushings set into the top of the upper receiver, and 2 locations with 2 set screws each that screw into a spacer that is pinned to the oversized barrel nut / heat sink. Once these are all removed, the whole assembly slides forward over the barrel and free.

I've recently noticed that the rail is no longer aligned to the rest of the receiver, nor the barrel, with a slight upward angle, placing my point of impact low. So I started looking back into pictures and at some point I cannot see the alignment discrepancy. So at one point it was 'more' aligned, this poses a problem as I have disassembled this, and reassembled the P308 in a manner that makes the most sense for removing any mis alignment and have not succeeded in solving all of the alignment issues... When simply fitting the pieces together, before screwing it down to the receiver, I do not detect any misalignment, but any order of setting the screws into place shifts the alignment out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am planning to also Email POF-USA but I suspect they will ask me to mail it to them.. I think the brass bushings that the flush screws anchor the rail down to have pulled out of the upper receiver, and I am hesitant to do any damage. I am assuming they are also externally threaded into the receiver and not just press fit.

MGO LIFE Member
    I am not surprised, but no response from POF yet, have been keeping an eye out on junkmail defaults too.

I am afraid to try to "tap" the brass bushings down into the upper receiver, I cannot tell with any certainty if they are exterior threaded into place or if they are press fit or otherwise.

I am a Forum User
    What particular rail system do you have? They have several different systems
    I went from the HSR system to the M-rai on my p415, which gets rid of the wedge block

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    What particular rail system do you have? They have several different systems
    I went from the HSR system to the M-rai on my p415, which gets rid of the wedge block
    Similar to the M-rail standard on the p415, or current p308 but without the two horizontal screws on the bottom of the tail. Definitely not the renegade rails which seem to be made for aftermarket.

Below is a picture of the rail appearing to be flush near rear of receiver and expanding gap near front of receiver.

7AF08537-14DE-4DDB-A0E5-CAD9A9B3ED6F.jpg

I am a Forum User
    So yours has short rails at 12,3,6,9 on the front of the rail? Sounds like the HSR, if so you can replace it with the M-rail...they did have them on close out

MGO LIFE Member
    Did not appear to be available on their webpage anymore.
    Still no response from the email I sent, last time I spoke with them I was getting immediate responses.
    Maybe take a closer more detailed look at it to see if I can find any reason for the rail to rise at the muzzle end.. come to think of it. At one point I tried iron sights and I screwed the front sight post down so far it bottomed out, could still not bring the point of impact up to point of aim. Probably already at that point shifted too far. Ended up removing the iron sights because I will never use them with that scope combo..