Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Any variable in the 1-5x range from a quality manufacturer would work, or a fixed up to 4x. Don't bother with see-through mounts as they aren't needed. Keep the scope on low power. That way, you have a wide FOV for close, quick shots and you always have time to dial up for the longer shots.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by ozzman104 View Post
    Nothing wrong with older scopes. I put a Weaver k2.5 on mine just for the classic looks, but it works just fine for deer hunting at 100 yards or less.
    You know, I have never seen one with a silver colored trigger guard.
    That's not original, is it?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Considering the ballistics of 44Mag, and your intended use as a deer rifle in the lower half of Mi., I'm going to break bad and say don't scope it. I run Skinner peep sights on my Marlin 336 in 44Mag and it's never failed to do its job.
    Last edited by Quads; 10-14-2018 at 08:26 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Redfield Revolution 2-7 on mine. Son uses it mostly. Makes a good combo. I looked at all the options in detail a while back and went with that on the 44 and a VX2 CDS 3-9 on the 450. Really like the VX2 a lot. Might do that on the 44 if I did it again, but at the time deals on the 3-9 were a lot better than 2-7. I wanted the more compact size and lower magnification for close cover shots.. Eyelief was a big factor on the 44. The short action, limits on mounting position, and wanting it to work for me and my growing son made eye relief a big factor as well as eye box forgives. That was the Vortex killer if I recall correctly.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Considering the ballistics of 44Mag, and your intended use as a deer rifle in the lower half of Mi., I'm going to break bad and say don't scope it. I run Skinner peep sights on my Marlin 336 in 44Mag and it's never failed to do its job.
    I keep my 100 yds. or less guns with irons as well. I think the OP may have "old eyes" and wants a scope to make sure he is taking a legal deer. No disrespect meant by "old eyes." Ill have them before to long myself.

I love my 2-7x32 AR22 bushnell. I feel like just about anything with lower magnification should work just fine on this rifle. I have a 2-7 sightron? On my .450 (i need to go double check) and for the $ i feel the bushnell is way better value.

MGO Member
    Take a look at the Weaver V3 1-3x20. Pretty good scope which matches the compact 44 carbine pretty well.

MGO Member
    Leupold 2X7 on mine, works great!

I am a Forum User
    It is interesting to own a powerful handgun with a human right law as Michigan law prove, people have the right to own their handgun, but put into consideration to has a license for it. If could use with a scope like this https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight , that would have a super duper.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHate990 View Post
    It is interesting to own a powerful handgun with a human right law as Michigan law prove, people have the right to own their handgun, but put into consideration to has a license for it. If could use with a scope like this https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight , that would have a super duper.
    English.
    Do you speak it?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by LongHate990 View Post
    Try again , after you come down from whatever you are on.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast