Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member Forum User

Thumbs up HK P30 (V3) Trigger Improvement Guide

This isn't really a "how can I" thread, but more of a "how to" type of deal. I have an HK P30S in the V3 configuration and one thing I always see are people complaining about the admittedly crappy trigger on the P30 series. I used to have a P30 and I loved the thing, but the trigger just plain sucked. So much so that I ended up selling it. Just recently I bought another P30 which I wanted to use for concealed carry. With that I took on an endeavor to make the trigger not suck. I bought the following parts from HKPARTS:

1. HK Competition Hammer Spring
    2. HK Nickel Plated Match Sear Spring
    3. HK Enhanced FPBS

I then followed this guide to disassemble the gun and replace the factory parts with the above parts:
    HK P30 Detail Strip Guide

After installation the double action pull was still long, but the trigger felt much less gritty and has a far smoother pull. The single action pull, though, is where the gun shines after these upgrades. It's super crisp and extremely light. I don't have a trigger gauge, but I'd guess the SA pull before the upgrades was in the 6lb range, and after the upgrades I'd say it's somewhere in the 3lb range. The reset is still long, but the pull weight has been greatly reduced. I'd say it comes pretty close matching the HK match trigger in some of the USP pistols, but the USP match trigger kit is still superior to this upgrade mainly due to the shorter reset.

If you hate the trigger on your P30 I'd definitely recommend going through with this. I've only done it on a (V3) variant so unfortunately I cannot offer much on doing this for an LEM model.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    I love the P30. If you think V3 is good try V1 Light LEM. Consistent, smooth trigger pull ~4lbs.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    This isn't really a "how can I" thread, but more of a "how to" type of deal. I have an HK P30S in the V3 configuration and one thing I always see are people complaining about the admittedly crappy trigger on the P30 series. I used to have a P30 and I loved the thing, but the trigger just plain sucked. So much so that I ended up selling it. Just recently I bought another P30 which I wanted to use for concealed carry. With that I took on an endeavor to make the trigger not suck. I bought the following parts
    1. HK Competition Hammer Spring
    2. HK Nickel Plated Match Sear Spring
    3. HK Enhanced FPBS

I then followed this guide to disassemble the gun and replace the factory parts with the above parts:
    HK P30 Detail Strip Guide

After installation the double action pull was still long, but the trigger felt much less gritty and has a far smoother pull. The single action pull, though, is where the gun shines after these upgrades. It's super crisp and extremely light. I don't have a trigger gauge, but I'd guess the SA pull before the upgrades was in the 6lb range, and after the upgrades I'd say it's somewhere in the 3lb range. The reset is still long, but the pull weight has been greatly reduced. I'd say it comes pretty close matching the HK match trigger in some of the USP pistols, but the USP match trigger kit is still superior to this upgrade mainly due to the shorter reset.

If you hate the trigger on your P30 I'd definitely recommend going through with this. I've only done it on a (V3) variant so unfortunately I cannot offer much on doing this for an LEM model.
    I don’t hate the trigger on the P30 but it’s not my favorite either, thanks for the write up and idea!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I love the P30. If you think V3 is good try V1 Light LEM. Consistent, smooth trigger pull ~4lbs.
    I have never fired a LEM or light LEM trigger but I have always wanted to try it sometime, especially the light LEM, I’d like to try that once.

I am a Forum User
    The Grayguns parts kit - OK
    Last edited by Samsson1; 06-23-2022 at 04:07 PM. Reason: grammar