Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Scope caps other than Butler Creek?

Looking for quality scope caps other than Butler creek. any suggestions appreciated.

depending in the brand scope, many scope makers, have thier own line of caps sold seperately. I assume a vortex scope cap would fit a vortex nicer than a universal, etc. I know off the top of my head vortex, leupold, and cabelas brand redhead all sell them. Sorry I have only used butler creek and stuff I have had since the 90s, not even sure who made it.

so I just ordered a new nikon, should I not get butler creek are they crap ?

I am a Forum User
    Vortex makes quality caps.

I am a Forum User
    Vortex Defender caps are the way to go.

MGO Board of Directors

Vortex Defender
    Tenabraex
    Aadland

I am a Forum User
    Scope Coat. I hate the flip up covers. They always break. My rifle is either in use or in storage. The neoprene scope coat protects the whole scope when in storage or transit. They are also less expensive.

https://shop.scopecoat.com/Scopecoat...Covers_c46.htm

You can get them on Amazon for less.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 04JRB View Post
    Vortex Defender
    Tenabraex
    Aadland
    Tenabraex is the way to go. A bit pricier, but if you break it, they’ll send you a new one.

I broke a cap off of my Kahles doing something retarded at a match... they had a new one two me in a week.

Anyone shooting potentially rough matches, in wet conditions, should give serious consideration to Tenabraex