Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    She was appointed to the Michigan Supreme Court and is up for election. If she can't win a nomination at the convention, we won't have any more decisions from her like the one that came down in this case. If her vote had been the other way, this would be over. She called the tune, now is the time for her to pay the piper.
    My understanding is that she, as an incumbent, can place herself on the ballot, which she has done. Our only recourse is to change the rules of the convention, requiring a 2/3 majority. If the rules can be changed, we can add an additional candidate, but she will remain on the ballot. Shuette has been effective at stacking the deck with his people for the convention and I have no idea if he agrees with her decisions but, it is all up to him, now. We'll have to wait for the convention to see if Schuette supports her candidacy or helps us find an alternative.

This is a parting shot from Snyder and I predict she will be as unhelpful as Snyder, himself. It is also our first opportunity to take the measure of the man who would be governor.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Shoot me a pm if you are still looking. I can point you in the right direction.
    PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    The issue is by no means dead. Another lawsuit needs to be filed.

As a side note, I am a delegate to the MI Republican Convention next week and I am looking forward to watching Elizabeth Clement squirm. She is very unpopular with the party for voting with Democrats against us and on the redistricting issue.
    I plan to call her out for having no integrity.

I am a Forum User
    Here's the latest MSP update on firearms with the schools policy ban info.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/m...3_633298_7.pdf

Wow, I'm more confused/concerned now than before the lawsuit. So am I reading this MSP update correctly in that it sounds like the school district can trespass someone out just for lawfully open carrying just like private property?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fc2462 View Post
    Wow, I'm more confused/concerned now than before the lawsuit. So am I reading this MSP update correctly in that it sounds like the school district can trespass someone out just for lawfully open carrying just like private property?
    Elections matter... welcome to the judicial political decision.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fc2462 View Post
    As others have already pointed out, the SC basically 'punted' on the issue and gave a very unhelpful ruling.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12