Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: FG 42.

MGO Member

FG 42.

Name:  20180817_170830.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  93.1 KB
    Just shot this bad boy at a customers house, after I installed his tankless water heater.
    What a bad***** firearm!
    Repro from a company down in Texas. They did an outstanding job. It was built to shoot .308 and accept M14 mags.
    I'm a happy camper.

I run

Quote Originally Posted by M.Schmitz87 View Post
    Name:  20180817_170830.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  93.1 KB
    Just shot this bad boy at a customers house, after I installed his tankless water heater.
    What a bad***** firearm!
    Repro from a company down in Texas. They did an outstanding job. It was built to shoot .308 and accept M14 mags.
    I'm a happy camper.
    What? He refuse to pay?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    What? He refuse to pay?
    Nope. I had no doubt in my mind that the credit card would go through...

I run

MGO Board of Directors

That is really cool! No doubt that was fun as hell to shoot!

I wish someone would make well priced semi-auto versions of this for us folk that can't afford the $300,000+ for an auto that these sell for at auction.

A company called SMG Guns makes semi-auto versions for $5500. They used to be $5000 and barely sold..so they decided to raise the price and they're still not really selling. Bad business choices guys.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I wish someone would make well priced semi-auto versions of this for us folk that can't afford the $300,000+ for an auto that these sell for at auction.

A company called SMG Guns makes semi-auto versions for $5500. They used to be $5000 and barely sold..so they decided to raise the price and they're still not really selling. Bad business choices guys.
    These are incredibly complex internally and the original receiver production process devised by Louis Stange (backward extrusion and broaching in forging presses) is really not feasible for small lot production. It really wasn't even feasible for the Germans, who only managed to produce 7,000 examples of both types. Why Stange revised his design to use stamping, which SMG emulated. Even so, the stamping is very difficult to make to tolerance in small lot production.

A number of people have evaluated machining reproduction receivers in two halves and laser/GTA welding them together, but even this is daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    These are incredibly complex internally and the original receiver production process devised by Louis Stange (backward extrusion and broaching in forging presses) is really not feasible for small lot production. It really wasn't even feasible for the Germans, who only managed to produce 7,000 examples of both types. Why Stange revised his design to use stamping, which SMG emulated. Even so, the stamping is very difficult to make to tolerance in small lot production.

A number of people have evaluated machining reproduction receivers in two halves and laser/GTA welding them together, but even this is daunting.
    I didn't know this and now I'm judging them a little bit less.

Okay so...someone should make a 10/22 chassis modeled after the FG42 so I can be happy.

I was excited about the repo's when they were in the development stage, but once they came out with the price that enthusiasm faded. If they were $2000 with the optic I'd get one. At $2500 I'd still likely get one. At their current price there is no way it's worth it for just a range toy.

MGO Member
    Here ya go, I fixed it for you.

photo editing is your friend