Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Can anything compete with the Sig P365 at this point in time???

Seriously though! I have a few single stack 9mm that I like to rotate with my EDC routine but I think now its coming down to trading my gun collection in for a Sig Sauer P365. Nothing else makes sense in the big picture! I mean if you train with it and can shoot it well and **** even if you can't shoot it well you have 11 or 13 rounds in the gun! One has to count right?

I have considered buying other single stack guns that all fall in the same size or close category. Especially the Sig P938 because its cool but why waste the money on it when I can just have the one carry pistol and 11-13 rounds?

So the big question here does anything else compete? IS anything else coming out that even comes close to competing with the P365? Sig Sauer can't be the first to think about this! Its a concealed defense world we live in. Where are all the other companies when it comes down to this category???

RANT OVER! Thanks all for letting me rant! Your thoughts/feelings about it?

many compete. I would pick for carry one system and stay with it. Either guns with safeties or no safeties.

If you think about it from the perspective of just being a math problem, that you are likely to never need the gun, if you do you never will empty the mag, just shoot either 2-3 times, then 7-8-9 +1 single stack 9mm is all you need.

Now if its blank slate and you are getting into guns, yes I would strongly conisder the 365.

If you have a hkvp9, and a nice holster. No. If you have a kahr pm9/cm9 that runs great, I would keep it.

If you have an old sig like me, a p6/p225 I am not going to sell it.

You could add a dozen other top name, proven models from sig, sw mps, xds, glocks single and double stack compact 9mm.

Buuuuut, if you are blank slate, starting out, no reason to not try it. Its in a neat little niche.

I do not know of anything in the pipeline, but definitely next 2 years you will see some of the above big names copy the packaging. Glock, fn, SW, Springfield, kahr, etc etc if the p365 sells, thats the way the gun industry works. There will be 2-3 copies of it in 2 years.

I am a Forum User
    Idk, for me, the gold standard of concealed carry is still the G26. Shaving off 1/8-1/4" of width really doesn't change anything for me. Either will conceal fine IWB. Anything I can pocket the thinner gun in, I can pocket a G26. And honestly, if i need something smaller then a G26, I am probably stepping down to micro 380 territory, which for me is a lcp.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Idk, for me, the gold standard of concealed carry is still the G26. Shaving off 1/8-1/4" of width really doesn't change anything for me. Either will conceal fine IWB. Anything I can pocket the thinner gun in, I can pocket a G26. And honestly, if i need something smaller then a G26, I am probably stepping down to micro 380 territory, which for me is a lcp.

I think the p365 has a nicer grip, longer sight radius, 3 plus ounces lighter and I think they have the same 12+1 rd capability.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Chogers View Post
    I mean if you train with it and can shoot it well and **** even if you can't shoot it well you have 11 or 13 rounds in the gun! One has to count right?
    Stop thinking everything you're thinking and go get some more training.
    There's never a reason to just fire more shots. They all go somewhere, and you sent them there.
    I know you're gonna say lighten up, but you gotta remember that every bullet you fire has a lawyer attached to it. 2 lawyers, really - one criminal and one civil.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Best answer.^^^^

I am a Forum User
    Been a Glock guy for decades. Shot the 365 at a Sig demo. Bought one and it's my edc. Shoots as well as my Glocks. Had to adjust to the better Sig trigger. I don't see any reason to have any other sd weapon. Re the thought that thinner 365 makes no difference I disagree. Could never pocket carry my 26/27. 365 disappears in a pocket.

MGO Member
    Lot's of good answers so far, for me I'd wait till the bugs get worked out in the 365. I love my old P Sigs, and can walk around all day hiding a Glock 19 under a Tee shirt but my first choice is always going to be a Springfield XD-s 9mm, I'm sure if I need a gun it will work just fine with 8 shots. Have no plans to look for a fire fight and I do plan on making what I have count!

I am a Forum User
    There are several competing models currently out there. It just depends on where your priorities lie and what you feel comfortable carrying.

• Price
    • Capacity
    • Weight
    • Length
    • Height
    • Width
    • Perceived Reliability
    • Manufacturer Reputation
    • etc.

Name:  Pistol Comparison Chart6.jpg
Views: 8568
Size:  110.7 KB

I am perfectly happy with the XD Mod.2 Subcompact, the Glock 43 and the SIG P290RS. The SIG P365 has already exhibited several flaws. So I don't like to be paying beta tester for any manufacturer. I will wait a couple of years before I take a serious look at the SIG P365.
    Last edited by RayMich; 08-19-2018 at 08:30 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I think the p365 has a nicer grip, longer sight radius, 3 plus ounces lighter and I think they have the same 12+1 rd capability.
    I personally wouldn't trade any of that for a gun that is not very vetted at this point. Also, I am not sure where you are getting a longer sight radius from. The specs that I am seeing from both manufacturers websites shows a G26 having a larger sight radius.
    Maybe in a few years I will consider one. But for me personally, I already know it is not really going to fill any void that I haven't already filled.

But I do give Sig credit for thinking outside the box.

Last edited by jesuvuah; 08-19-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast