Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Sako TRG-42 in 300WM (anyone own one? Any Cal?)

Thought I would ask this wonderful group.... does anyone one one? (any TRG?) I have always loved the way they look and feel. I know they are speedy, but.... what do the people that actually own them think? Anyone?

Not looking for 338LM, and the 42 (long action) is available in 300WM

Is it worth it, or do you spend that money on a custom rifle? Really just looking to punch paper/steel out to 1500+
    I already own an nice 6.5CM as well, just looking for something a little bigger

Thanks

I am a Forum User
    I have a TRG22 in 308. Love it. Got it in 2007. Prices are a bit higher now. Love the trigger and ergonomics. Bit heavy if you’re gonna run PRS.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by USP45T View Post
    I have a TRG22 in 308. Love it. Got it in 2007. Prices are a bit higher now. Love the trigger and ergonomics. Bit heavy if you’re gonna run PRS.
    No one is running a light gun in PRS

I am a Forum User
    Good friend of mine has a 42 and 22. The 42 he put a .264 win mag barrel on, and doesn’t even have a .300WM barrel for it.

He’s been pretty happy with the rifle, but his biggest complaint is the 7rd mags. He’s shot a few matches with the 42, and that 7rd mag tends to be pretty frustrating on 10rd stages...

Otherwise, great rifles- smooth bolt manipulation and good trigger.