Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun show

Gun show

New venue starting this coming weekend in Brownstown...….

http://www.migunshows.com/index.html
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    i hope they keep the excessive parking charges AND the admission fee as well. Makes it all worthwhile..

Banned
    I stopped going to Novi because of the parking and admission, with the way you can order anything on line today and usually much cheaper, that is my gun show now.

No parking fee at Monroe. Not sure about the NEW place.

Still fun to spend a couple hours looking at all of the gun related stuff. Bought 4 boxes of Hornady 17HMR, & my friend got a mag for his carry gun. There are deals to be found, & some of those guys will actually bicker a bit when it gets late on Sun.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but other than Novi and unknown at the new location, do they charge for parking at any of the other shows? There is also a coupon on the website for $1.00 off admission. I print up a bunch to have on hand when the mood to go to a show hits me.

Why does their website list this as "Detroit" when it's pretty far from Detroit? They used to list the Gibraltar ones as "Taylor" and this is even further from Detroit than Taylor was! Just a little thing that kinda annoys me...oh well, I'll be going with my brother this weekend (MGO user Kefefs) Sunday morning to check it out!

I hope the World Of Beer is still there (i75 & West road) because I had some pretty amazing food there a while back and it's about 2 miles away from the gun show!

Quote Originally Posted by tvhero View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but other than Novi and unknown at the new location, do they charge for parking at any of the other shows? There is also a coupon on the website for $1.00 off admission. I print up a bunch to have on hand when the mood to go to a show hits me.
    Birch Run doesn't charge for parking, the Novi parking fee doesn't bother me mostly because I live in Northville so it's still incredibly convenient.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Why does their website list this as "Detroit" when it's pretty far from Detroit?
    Probably the same reason why when I was in The Corps I would answer the Question, "Where you from?", with Detroit. NO ONE ever heard of Romulus. ( Even though most had been there & flew out of DTW. )

Haven't been to all of the shows, but Novi is the only one that charges that I have been to.

Don't need a coupon if over 65.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    See ya there! I never go to a gun show without one or two to trade or sell.

The problem is always figuring out what I would get rid of. Maybe the NIB 590-A1 I lost interest in.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Why does their website list this as "Detroit" when it's pretty far from Detroit? They used to list the Gibraltar ones as "Taylor" and this is even further from Detroit than Taylor was! Just a little thing that kinda annoys me...oh well, I'll be going with my brother this weekend (MGO user Kefefs) Sunday morning to check it out!

I hope the World Of Beer is still there (i75 & West road) because I had some pretty amazing food there a while back and it's about 2 miles away from the gun show!

Birch Run doesn't charge for parking, the Novi parking fee doesn't bother me mostly because I live in Northville so it's still incredibly convenient.
    World of Beers seems to be doing just fine. It has a decently full parking lot in off peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Haven't been to all of the shows, but Novi is the only one that charges that I have been to.

Don't need a coupon if over 65.
    Yes $5 for parking is a turn off, also my reason for not going there, I've been to a few other venues and that has been the only one that charges, from my
    understanding it's not the show promoter who gets the parking fee it's the building owner.

I'M pretty sure if you're a senior and you bring A coupon you save on both counts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast