Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Federal Power-Shok 223 Remington 64gr Jacketed Soft Point 20rds 223L

Any opinions on Federal Power-Shok 223 Remington 64gr Jacketed Soft Point 223L as a self defense round? Can't find any gel tests and only posts about hunting medium game.

Opinion?

The 223/5.56 loaded with decent non varmint designed expanding bullets is way better for home SD then your 9mm/45acp with similar bullets, unless you are worried as to possible excessive barrier penetration. 20rds+ compares favorably to the avg 12/15rd pistol mag too.

Is the 64gr Power Shok the best 224cal bullet for SD? Can't say, but I'm sure it will do the job.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Opinion?

The 223/5.56 loaded with decent non varmint designed expanding bullets is way better for home SD then your 9mm/45acp with similar bullets, unless you are worried as to possible excessive barrier penetration. 20rds+ compares favorably to the avg 12/15rd pistol mag too.

Is the 64gr Power Shok the best 224cal bullet for SD? Can't say, but I'm sure it will do the job.
    Thinking of adding some to my stash...$5.99/20 after rebate is tempting. Thanks for the reply.