Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    Who in their right mind is going to spend 600.00 on a new gun and then have to fix it by spending another 70.00. Sig can stick it.
    You mean like gen 1 m&ps?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    You mean like gen 1 m&ps?
    I dont quite understand your question? I mean any gun.

I am a Forum User
    Who in their right mind is going to spend 600.00 on a new gun and then have to fix it by spending another 70.00. Sig can stick it.
    Bingo

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    I dont quite understand your question? I mean any gun.
    I don't know if you are being purposefully obtuse or just don't own any handguns. He is pointing out the fact that many guns, such as the aforementioned Glock (sights) and also the S&W M&Ps, have required some kind of upgrade to make them more usable.

Where are you getting $600 from? I have seen them for much less most places.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I don't know if you are being purposefully obtuse or just don't own any handguns. He is pointing out the fact that many guns, such as the aforementioned Glock (sights) and also the S&W M&Ps, have required some kind of upgrade to make them more usable.

Where are you getting $600 from? I have seen them for much less most places.
    Sights are a personal preference. The gun literally not being able to fire anymore because of a ****** design is inexcusable.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Sights are a personal preference. The gun literally not being able to fire anymore because of a ****** design is inexcusable.
    Exactly. Shame on Cohen's Sig

I am a Forum User
    I enjoy my P226 Mk25 and has never had a problem. The 320 drop safety problem and the issues with the 365 haven't been forgotten on many people . I'd rather wait awhile and make sure everything is sorted out. Their P-series guns are great, but they've had some problems with their last 2 polymer guns.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Indeed, I do prefer that my guns have sights. I guess I have never considered decent sights as something that is optional in a carry gun.

Regardless, it doesn't appear that this "issue" is being found across the board.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Indeed, I do prefer that my guns have sights. I guess I have never considered decent sights as something that is optional in a carry gun.

Regardless, it doesn't appear that this "issue" is being found across the board.
    I do too of course! Haha. My point was that a gun would obviously still fire with crappy sights or no sights at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Well, I paid $450 for mine new so it's still not bad.

Also, P365 owners have been buying lots of the new strikers since they were released due to the fact that SIG keeps replacing broken pins with more crappy MIM. It's a solid gun design, just the firing pin is crap. If I have to spend $70 and then have a functional 10 round 9mm that's smaller than my Glock 43? I'll take it.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else. EVERYONE spends $50-$100 on proper sights for their Glocks when they buy them, due to Glock refusing to give us functional ones from the factory, right? What's the difference? Buy a factory gun, drop $70 on an upgrade, carry it. It already comes with amazing sights from the factory, great trigger, front serrations, all it needs is a striker upgrade.

Yes, it sucks that SIG is slacking and refusing to correct the issue, doesn't mean I'm going to let $70 stop me from seriously upgrading my CC kit with a great little 9mm.
    Spending money on sights or accessories is not the same as spending money to make a Brand New upper end gun work reliably.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast