Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I don't know if you are being purposefully obtuse or just don't own any handguns. He is pointing out the fact that many guns, such as the aforementioned Glock (sights) and also the S&W M&Ps, have required some kind of upgrade to make them more usable.

Where are you getting $600 from? I have seen them for much less most places.
    Birch Run gun show Aug 14th. 579.00 plus tax.

I didn't post this so a bunch of people can talk about how they'd never buy a SIG, and blah blah blah. Everyone has preferences, and whether it's Glock vs 1911, .40 vs 9mm, or whether or not you like SIG, nobody really cares.

This is an educational post for P365 owners so they can know that there is a new striker out to help with the biggest issue this gun is facing right now. You guys act like little kids sometimes when you see someone talking about a gun you don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    Birch Run gun show Aug 14th. 579.00 plus tax.
    99.9% of guns at gun shows are incredibly overpriced. If you base prices off of of the gun show, I don't even want to know how many times you've been ripped off buying guns. Anyone smart in 2018 will take out their phone, look at prices online, and see they can get the same gun for a LOT less.

I paid $450 for my P365. Most online places for $479-$499 when they're in stock. Hell, even Bass Pro and Cabelas sell them for $529.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    The root caue is to fix the timing of the pin engagement with the primer as the case is driven out of the extractor. Replacing the pin with a steel one will definitely elongate the longevity of the striker pin compared to the MIM pin, but will it be enough, i do not know. I have seen primer marks that drags all the way to the brass case rim. Maybe a stiffer firing pin spring is also needed to retract the pin quickly back to the slide and eliminate or mitigate the dragging of the pin head and lowering some of the bending stresses. untill Sig finds a solution to the root cause, I will not buy a P365 and try to remedy the symptoms. Even though, it might be that the bending stresses at the tip of the pin could be way within the fatigue limit of the firing pin and that is a real solution to the problem. but for a carry gun, I will wait until it is proven.
    I think it's weird that everyone is making a huge deal about this and NOBODY is talking about how most striker fired guns on the market have primer drag, and how many of them use MIM pins with no problems? I highly doubt a steel striker is going to break due to primer drag, when the P365 is the ONLY gun that has broken strikers due to this.

What other guns commonly have primer drag you may ask? Lets see:

Glock
    Hi-Power
    Most SIG hammer fired guns
    Many 1911's

Glock is known for that. When the firing pin goes forward, it stays slightly forward, imbeds in the primer, and drags across the primer when the barrel drops down during the recoil process. Why doesn't Glock have issues like SIG does? Because they use better strikers. Buying a steel striker will ABSOLUTELY fix this problem.

And that's with setting aside the fact that the new SIG P365's that are out and made after June 2018 don't have broken striker problems. As far as I know there isn't a single broken striker reported on Post 6/18 models anywhere online, or with anyone I know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I didn't post this so a bunch of people can talk about how they'd never buy a SIG, and blah blah blah. Everyone has preferences, and whether it's Glock vs 1911, .40 vs 9mm, or whether or not you like SIG, nobody really cares.

This is an educational post for P365 owners so they can know that there is a new striker out to help with the biggest issue this gun is facing right now. You guys act like little kids sometimes when you see someone talking about a gun you don't agree with.

99.9% of guns at gun shows are incredibly overpriced. If you base prices off of of the gun show, I don't even want to know how many times you've been ripped off buying guns. Anyone smart in 2018 will take out their phone, look at prices online, and see they can get the same gun for a LOT less.

I paid $450 for my P365. Most online places for $479-$499 when they're in stock. Hell, even Bass Pro and Cabelas sell them for $529.

I think it's weird that everyone is making a huge deal about this and NOBODY is talking about how most striker fired guns on the market have primer drag, and how many of them use MIM pins with no problems? I highly doubt a steel striker is going to break due to primer drag, when the P365 is the ONLY gun that has broken strikers due to this.

Glock
    Hi-Power
    Many 1911's

Glock is known for that. When the firing pin goes forward, it stays slightly forward, imbeds in the primer, and drags across the primer when the barrel drops down during the recoil process. Why doesn't Glock have issues like SIG does? Because they use better strikers. Buying a steel striker will ABSOLUTELY fix this problem.

And that's with setting aside the fact that the new SIG P365's that are out and made after June 2018 don't have broken striker problems. As far as I know there isn't a single broken striker reported on Post 6/18 models anywhere online, or with anyone I know.
    Never been ripped off at a gun show, I don't buy overpriced guns at gun shows or anywhere else, I was asked where I saw it for 600.00 and I answered, simple as that.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    This is absolutely true, but I suspect he already knew this and was just trolling.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User

Glock
    Hi-Power
    Many 1911's

Sorry Dude, I thought this is a gun forum where we can discuss gun related topics whether good, bad or ugly.
    Note to self: Do not post about guns, do not act like kids, agree with everything posted, do not share my opinion, keep the information to myself, do not hurt other people's feelings.

can I just say one thing, before I abide by the note I wrote to my self, non of the "other striker guns" firing pin drag goes beyond the primer to the brass..
    And I also said, that the steel firing pin "might" work and that the generated bending stresses on the firing pin tip "might be within the fatigue loading limit" and that it "might be a solution". Only time will tell, and if that is really the case, why SIG is not doing a recall or optional upgrade yet. You can not deny that there is a big question mark on this topic.. and you can tell from my screenname that I am a SIG fan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    Sorry Dude, I thought this is a gun forum where we can discuss gun related topics whether good, bad or ugly.
    Note to self: Do not post about guns, do not act like kids, agree with everything posted, do not share my opinion, keep the information to myself, do not hurt other people's feelings.
    You're missing the point of what I said. If you don't agree with a gun, that's cool, but I don't understand why people would come clutter this post with a bunch of comments about why they personally don't like the gun, when the ONLY intention of the post was for P365 owners to see that there's an option to fix their guns.

This happens a lot on MGO. I can't tell you how many times I'll go into a post about a specific gun that I own to read some information related to it, and have to wade through the 2 dozen posts by random people who just went there to give reasons on why they wouldn't buy that gun. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It's kinda like standing outside of a Ford dealership because you're bored just to tell all of the Ford owners that they're stupid for not buying a Chevy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    This is absolutely true, but I suspect he already knew this and was just trolling.
    May I ask why you label me a troll? He said I must have gotten ripped off by buying guns at a gun show, I said no, I never got ripped off because I don't over pay for any gun. Please tell me what is wrong with that ? Does it have anything to do with who the person is that you disagree with? I would really like to know what I said wrong. Thanks.

MGO Member
    have to wade through the 2 dozen posts by random people who just went there to give reasons on why they wouldn't buy that gun. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Nailed it! It is generally the same 10-15 people with the unhelpful comments as well.

Glock
    Hi-Power
    Many 1911's

or wait a year it will run like a top, and be 100 bucks cheaper and that take no effort, and just a little self control not to jump on every new "it thing" in the moment.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    May I ask why you label me a troll? He said I must have gotten ripped off by buying guns at a gun show, I said no, I never got ripped off because I don't over pay for any gun. Please tell me what is wrong with that ? Does it have anything to do with who the person is that you disagree with? I would really like to know what I said wrong. Thanks.
    You are very welcome. I didn’t label you a troll, just opined that you were trollin’.

You suggested a price that was significantly outside the norm for the gun and it just seemed silly. Gun forums are no different than any other hobby related forums. There are all sorts of fans and any thread on a specific brand is sure to bring out some thoughtful posts and some posts by people that have no first hand knowledge of what they are talking about.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast