Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Anciens Etablissements Pieper nerstal 25 Belgium

Trying to take down for cleaning Anciens Etablissements Pieper nerstal Belgium 25 cal can't find any thing on the break down or parts.Can anyone help ?
    bob
    Sgt

I am a Forum User
    There are at least three quite different .25 ACP semiautomatic pistols made by Anciens Etablissements Pieper SA in Herstal and so marked. Their earliest model has a tip up barrel and a half slide. Their two later models have full length slides which enclose the barrel. One has a low barrel, under the recoil spring and the other has a high barrel, over the recoil spring.

All field strip differently. Which do you have?

MGO Member
    high barrel over recoil spring.
    Sgt

I am a Forum User
    The safety has a small hook on its front, at the checkered knob, which engages a cut in the slide when the slide is mostly retracted. This holds the slide at the point where you can turn the barrel about 120 degrees, unlocking the barrel from the grip frame by turning the barrel lugs into the slide. Can't remember whether the magazine must be removed, but be certain the pistol is unloaded. At this point you can disengage the safety hook from the slide and ease the slide/barrel off the grip frame. The recoil spring and guide will also come off the front of the grip frame once the slide is off. The striker and striker spring come out the back if I remember correctly. Then reverse barrel rotation to separate the barrel from the slide and pull it out the front (or tip up the rear and pull it out to the rear?).

This system is also used in the Colt 1903/1908 pocket models. Reassembly is intuitive and pretty obvious once you have it apart.
    Last edited by 10x25mm; 08-24-2018 at 03:59 PM.

MGO Member
    Thanks for the help. I had it apart years ago but forgot how. Do you know a any place I could get parts I'm pretty sure I have a bad firing pin .

Bob
    Sgt

I am a Forum User
    No. Numrich is out of stock and none of the other obsolete pistol parts houses even list Pieper. You should be able to have a gunsmith make one, but it will cost almost what the pistol is worth. I don't remember it being a complex part and you should be able to knock it out on a small lathe, or repair it by making a new front end and welding/threading it to the existing rear.

It is quite similar to the firing pins in the Spanish Colt 1907 clones, so you might find one that fits.

MGO Member
    will do thanks
    Bob
    Sgt