Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    If you get Harrison's 0.4045 inch 'True Radius' sear, tell us how it works out. Interesting variation on the traditional sear engagement surface designs.

You should always determine sear engagement pattern with Prussian blue when you install a new fire control group, regardless of how well made. Tells you whether you have frame hole alignment issues.

P.S. - Nothing in your photos suggests a frame hole alignment issue of any kind, but always check.
    Actually called Harrison and spoke with John Harrison today. Real helpful guy, he recommended the true radius sear (which I intend on ordering) and let me know their retro ignition system is already pre-fit to each other so I'd just need to worry about fitting the safety. That one I may end up taking to a gunsmith. Will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Was considering the Harrison parts actually....https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-1...o-ignition-set

I know they're a bit pricier than other parts but I've used them in other 1911s before (and this one, the trigger is actually a Harrison) and they make some fine parts.
    Ah, If that what you like and they have the Hammer you want, go for it.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Actually called Harrison and spoke with John Harrison today. Real helpful guy, he recommended the true radius sear (which I intend on ordering) and let me know their retro ignition system is already pre-fit to each other so I'd just need to worry about fitting the safety. That one I may end up taking to a gunsmith. Will let you know how it goes.
    That not hard.fittingThumbsafety.JPG takes sometime and taking off a little bit at a time.... Then polish it up once it's good to go.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

The true radius sear is a great product, I have it in two of my guns. I also like his hammers and triggers. Very well machined.

I used to prefer Berryhill's ignition components, but since he passed I started using Harrison and he has excellent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    The true radius sear is a great product, I have it in two of my guns. I also like his hammers and triggers. Very well machined.

I used to prefer Berryhill's ignition components, but since he passed I started using Harrison and he has excellent stuff.
    Glad to hear the recommendation, Harrison has highly recommended the true radius sear as well.

Figured I'd put a final thought on this since it's mostly resolved at this point:

Replaced the hammer, sear, disconnect, and safety with parts from Harrison. Did the safety fitting myself (everything function checks properly but it was kind of a pain, honestly I probably would just pay someone else to do it if I had to do it all again). After replacing these parts, I am no longer having the issue I started with. I haven't test fired it but since I didn't touch the firing pin and the slide/hammer are functioning, I'm assuming it'll likely work fine. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Figured I'd put a final thought on this since it's mostly resolved at this point:

Replaced the hammer, sear, disconnect, and safety with parts from Harrison. Did the safety fitting myself (everything function checks properly but it was kind of a pain, honestly I probably would just pay someone else to do it if I had to do it all again). After replacing these parts, I am no longer having the issue I started with. I haven't test fired it but since I didn't touch the firing pin and the slide/hammer are functioning, I'm assuming it'll likely work fine. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
    Awesome, glad to hear... When you can go shoot it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123