Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

AR Light, Sling and Foregrip Recommendations

Good Morning-

As the title states I’m looking to add and swap a couple accessories on my LWRC AR. It’s a newer M6IC with an AimPoint Pro and came from the manufacturer with a MagPul MOE Grip. I’m not a fan of the foregrip and would like to swap it to something low profile to be able to completely hold the hand guard. Along with that a single point sling and a light/switch combination is also needed.

I’m hoping others can make suggestions based on their current set-ups or builds. Thanks in advance for your help and here is a picture of the rifle prior to swapping the red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    20180321_202819.jpg20180321_202915.jpg

I've been happy with the inforce wml gen 2 light on a 45 degree mount, my thumb lies on the light very natural with how I grip the handguard.

I don't like pistol lights on long guns. They typically don't have enough lumens or throw. I prefer the Streamlight HL-X or even better the new Surefire M600DF. 1500 lumens will get you a lot closer to the range that the long gun is capable of. I have the Surefire in an Arisaka mount on my main AR. It's low profile and easy to manipulate with or without a tape switch.

As for slings, Magpul makes good slings, or Frank Proctor's Way of the Gun sling is nice, or even Boxer Tactical (a Michigan based company).

I hate vertical foregrips, so can't really help you there. I prefer a grip stop.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    I don't like pistol lights on long guns. They typically don't have enough lumens or throw. I prefer the Streamlight HL-X or even better the new Surefire M600DF. 1500 lumens will get you a lot closer to the range that the long gun is capable of. I have the Surefire in an Arisaka mount on my main AR. It's low profile and easy to manipulate with or without a tape switch.

As for slings, Magpul makes good slings, or Frank Proctor's Way of the Gun sling is nice, or even Boxer Tactical (a Michigan based company).

I hate vertical foregrips, so can't really help you there. I prefer a grip stop.
    Mind posting a picture of the light and mount attached to your AR?

I am a Forum User
    I've got the Magpul AFG2 and an Olight PL-2 Valkyrie on my main AR15 right now. I'm happy with both although I never planned on putting the Olight on my AR. I bought it during a flash sale with the intention of putting it on a Sig P226 and just didn't like the way it looked, or how big it was for a pistol so it just ended up on the AR to see what I thought and it's stayed there for a few months now. It's bright and has all the features I look for in a WML. The downside is I don't believe you can add a pressure switch to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradw3451 View Post
    Mind posting a picture of the light and mount attached to your AR?

I'll try to remember to take a pic tonight when I get home after work.

Here you go. Seekins precision rail, Arisaka mount, surefire M600DF.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk