Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Norinco 56s AK 47 Furniture ???

Hey Guys,
    I have a 56 s that I would like to change the furniture on.
    Most of the stock sets ( magpul etc... will not fit on the 56 s for some reason )
    at least that's what I've been reading...
    Can anyone recommend a website or a supplier that might have what i'm looking for ??

Thanks
    Jt

I am a Forum User
    I’m not trying to talk you out of it but most people and collectors like type 56s as they are for there distinct look and history, being an original AK pattern rather than AKM pattern rifle. If it’s stamped the receiver is 1.6mm thick rather than 1.0 so it takes a little bit of filing to make most stocks fit it also has a heavier barrel profile so might need a little fitting for a handguard. Chinese AK’s standout with there blued finish and more sloped stock profile if it were me I’d leave it exactly like it is but if you decide to do something different with it it won’t be to hard to do a little fitting and make most aftermarket parts work with it. I think just about all of the milled Chinese AK’s had angle cut receivers and need an adapter or an angle cut stock. Most stamped receivers were standard straight cut and only need the filing to fit the thicker receiver.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the reply...
    I agree with you and if it were " original" I would leave it..
    I got it from an estate sale and the previous owner had the ATI skeleton stock installed on it … I hate that thing …
    I found a company called "timbersmith" that makes wood AK/SKS furniture … I'm going to check into that a bit more..

Thanks again !!

Jt

I am a Forum User
    Timbersmith is nice. Ironwood designs sells a MAK/Type 56 stock set that is drop in and looks really nice. You could also check out Poly Technologies they usually carry original factory Chinese AK parts.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    Timbersmith is nice. Ironwood designs sells a MAK/Type 56 stock set that is drop in and looks really nice. You could also check out Poly Technologies they usually carry original factory Chinese AK parts.

cool thanks !!!

jT

I am a Forum User
    thanks

You could put a WTB ad on the AKfiles forum. You will find what you want on that site, might not like the going price! lol
    http://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php
    Active airport shooter