Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Gun Shows that ban guns (split off from another thread)

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/ma...25-sport-shows

Sports Show Promotions has an annual sales volume of 0 - 500K. .For more information contact Douglas Carl, Owner
    They do the one at the K-zoo fairgrounds. The one time I went to it to see what it was about, I turned right around after seeing this sign:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Really? I have yet to see anyone provide any credible evidence that this will happen.
    Well it's just what I heard, I never said it was a hard fact written in stone. I don't believe they would show anyone who asked their insurance bill, anymore then ABC Warehouse or Walmart or Bob's bookstore would. I would really like to know though, just out of curiosity.

I am a Forum User
    Aren't County Fair Grounds publicly owned?

If they are, then you can legally carry open or concealed.

Think of Arts Beats and Eats.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Aren't County Fair Grounds publicly owned?

If they are, then you can legally carry open or concealed.

Think of Arts Beats and Eats.
    That was my thinking as well, but I didn't have the inclination, time or money to deal with their BS that particular day. The next Monday, I posed the Q to Sheriff Dipstick Fullers public affairs squirrel, and was informed that they have trespassed people out of there for carrying after the show organizer called them. They view it the same way as the Ford and Ilitch groups do in keeping firearms out of the major stadiums in Detroit. And I don't think the GR ruling about the DeVos Place had been made yet.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    That was my thinking as well, but I didn't have the inclination, time or money to deal with their BS that particular day. The next Monday, I posed the Q to Sheriff Dipstick Fullers public affairs squirrel, and was informed that they have trespassed people out of there for carrying after the show organizer called them. They view it the same way as the Ford and Ilitch groups do in keeping firearms out of the major stadiums in Detroit. And I don't think the GR ruling about the DeVos Place had been made yet.
    Arts Beats and Eats never went to litigation, They just caved. Think Devos Place, though that isn't binding and you can still be excluded under some circumstances.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Taylor Town Trade Center, on Ecorse Rd., allows all forms of legal carry at their gun shows.

I guess you meant the Doug Carl venues.
    Then why do gun owners put up with this nonsense? We have no guns=no business cards and frequently advocate for people to avoid spending money at places that don't want people carrying guns. The gun community chastised/boycotted the FUDD writer that complained about people hunting with 'assault rifles.' Why do we give money to someone that is supposedly supportive of guns that doesn't want people carrying (unless you are LE or exempt)?
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Dang, Didn't mean to start a crap shoot! Just asking a question.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I guess sometimes one has to swallow their pride or whatever you want to call it to do something you enjoy even though some restrictions are put in place that you can't agree with. If you were a big football fan, & loved to go to the games, would you stop going if guns were not allowed?
    That is a good question. I'd love to be able to say that I am 100% consistent in this area, but I can't. I know we have to pick and choose our battles, but I believe that this should be an easy one. We should be able to expect some level of support from people that are on our side. As a group, we are often treated poorly by the media, the entertainment industry, and even in politics. A gun show is one place that we shouldn't be treated as second class citizens.

I am a Forum User

Gun show

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    ...A gun show is one place that we shouldn't be treated as second class citizens.
    Consider the irony of a business making money promoting a legal product, banning customers from having that same legal product at the venue where they are selling that product.

It’s as if wearing clothing were banned at a fashion show...[emoji15]

MHB

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    This issue has been discussed AD NAUSEAM. If it bothers you, please, just stay away. No one is forcing you to do anything. I don't like PFZ's either, but crying about rules someone else imposes on you will not solve the issue.
    Maybe instead of just staying home we should actually go to the show and protest.

Stand outside with signs and try to convince people to not go in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast