Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    My issue with the highlights above are ethics. By stating "no" when asked if we are carrying, takes us into a grey area and a very slippery slope. We are blatantly lying; the host is plainly stating no loaded firearms, and we are not complying with that request. How is this different from trespass? Not being a lawyer, I don't know the technical answer. But by answering no, in this instance, it sure seems takes us down the path of being illegal - something that we, as an organization do not advocate nor accept.

Do I necessarily like to be told when and where I can carry? No. But I do accept the fact that there are venues that do not allow firearms. As castrotikon pointed out in his post, I will still attend Lansing Symphony concerts at Wharton Center.
    So change it to "What? Guns are scary!"

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    My issue with the highlights above are ethics. By stating "no" when asked if we are carrying, takes us into a grey area and a very slippery slope. We are blatantly lying; the host is plainly stating no loaded firearms, and we are not complying with that request. How is this different from trespass? Not being a lawyer, I don't know the technical answer. But by answering no, in this instance, it sure seems takes us down the path of being illegal - something that we, as an organization do not advocate nor accept.
    We are all adults here and are capable of making decisions with eyes wide open, willing to accept risk and consequences. Strictly speaking, you would be trespassing and could be prosecuted. I'll leave it at that.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    It isn't legal. They are preempted and you can ignore this in regards to firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGun View Post
    Speaking of carrying where you're legally allowed, how about the Village of Milford's ordinance about firearms in their parks? How is this legal:

Sec. 54-16. - Firearms.
    No firearms, inflammable or explosive material or other dangerous substance will be permitted in any park or parkway, unless carried by officers of the law, employees or officers of the village manager.

(Ord. No. 129, § 5, 6-25-64 ***.)
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    I don't think Doug Carl is hard to find , maybe the curious could stop by his store and ask him why ?

Jack

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345