Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

10.5" AR pistol color of choice?

I have some ideas but I thought I would ask the group here as this site has some progressive out-of-the-box thinkers. Possibly someone has a idea that I would like better than my thoughts are leaning towards.

After training and beating my AR's around all summer I have one particular 10.5" AR that looks worse than my old M-16 looked when I turned it in to Uncle Sam back the 1960's. Time to get this one re-coated.

I'm basically looking for a solid color (I think) that doesn't look outrageous, fits into it's usage category, and something that puts a smile on my face.

I have enough coyote & sand colored guns, I sort of like some of the darker greens but have seen some pretty ugly green ones, I don't want pinks, reds, bright blues, or trendy bright colors. Just a good solid dullish (not black or sand) that looks appropriate on a short AR.

Any ideas, or better yet, pictures?

Banned
    O.D green. I have pistol and rifle in O.D , they look sharp.

OD green is a solid choice as Crawdaddio mentioned. I'm also a big fan of the "bronze" cerakote color and the Daniel Defense style tornado grey on an AR, it's a bluish-grey.

I am a Forum User
    I'd go standard black on the gun with foliage green furniture. Or maybe a few different shades of green/brown to break up the shape of the gun a bit. For example, a forest brown lower, lighter tan upper, foliage handguard, grip, stock/brace. Or if you want all one colour, foliage all the way.

Can you tell I like foliage?

Look up “midnight bronze” cerakote
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Sounds like the bronze colors are up your alley. I personally like burnt bronze.

I am a Forum User
    I know you said no bright blue but I recently saw a blue titanium on tje primary arms website that seemed right.

https://www.primaryarms.com/ghost-fi...handguard-blue

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info, I looked at some burnt oranges & even have a .22 pistol in that color but just can't seem to warm up to that color on an AR. (maybe seeing one in person might sway me)

So, I guess I'm probably back to the greens of some sort or another.

I am a Forum User
    maize firearm, blue magazine