Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    I have a 44 mag lever that I have considered threading. I just really prefer the option of weight and bullet choices for the 45-70.

I am a Forum User
    .357 with some 200gn cast launched at around 1100fps should be accurate and predictable for a lot of ranges. Basically the same dia and wgt made for the .357 max for metallic targets at some long ranges. Quality and versatile would be a TC Contender Carbine.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swany View Post
    Quality and versatile would be a TC Contender Carbine.
    Yeah, lots of good options there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am a Forum User
    .450 marlin?

Ive been looking for one of those myself.
    I Already have a .450 bush ruger and plan on using it in the rifle zone. Perfect MI deer gun.

MGO Member Forum User
    Get a Ruger No. 1 or TC Encore in .460 S&W Magnum. The .460 is absolutely nasty out of a rifle length barrel. Out of a rifle barrel standard .460 loads will rival hot 45-70 loads. Buffalo bore has a load that does 2,300 FPS and 4,200 ft-lb of energy out of a rifle barrel: https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=126

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123