Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

I might owe some people an apology about the P365 and saying that SIG fixed it.

Sig released the "third gen 365" June 15th. After these were released, there have been NO reports or videos of any failures with this generation. For the last few weeks I've been bragging about my 365 to people and calling them idiots for thinking they're not fixed. I owe every one of you an apology.

Fast forward to today. June 27th made 365. Decided to torture test it at the range (shot 300 last week) and if it passes, carry it.

I became the thing I've said was a myth, the first reported issue with a new 365 that I know of.

Shot 100. Ran perfectly
    Shot 100 more. Had 3 failures to return to battery.
    Shot 100 more. Had 7 failures to return to battery (almost 1 every mag) and 3 trigger reset failures.

I'm livid. I can only be mad at myself for buying the gun and trusting SIG

I DID swap out the striker last night with a Lightning Strike steel one, but although the striker MAY cause battery failures if it's super screwed up, it won't cause trigger reset failure.

Swapping back to factory striker, running another 300 tomorrow after work, and then calling SIG Tuesday morning after the holiday.

Don't be like me folks. Don't trust SIG. Don't waste your money. I'll be buying a G43 off Armslist this weekend and going back to trusting Glock since they've never let me down.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Sig released the "third gen 365" June 15th. After these were released, there have been NO reports or videos of any failures with this generation. For the last few weeks I've been bragging about my 365 to people and calling them idiots for thinking they're not fixed. I owe every one of you an apology.

Fast forward to today. June 27th made 365. Decided to torture test it at the range (shot 300 last week) and if it passes, carry it.

I became the thing I've said was a myth, the first reported issue with a new 365 that I know of.

Shot 100. Ran perfectly
    Shot 100 more. Had 3 failures to return to battery.
    Shot 100 more. Had 7 failures to return to battery (almost 1 every mag) and 3 trigger reset failures.

I'm livid. I can only be mad at myself for buying the gun and trusting SIG

I DID swap out the striker last night with a Lightning Strike steel one, but although the striker MAY cause battery failures if it's super screwed up, it won't cause trigger reset failure.

Swapping back to factory striker, running another 300 tomorrow after work, and then calling SIG Tuesday morning after the holiday.

Don't be like me folks. Don't trust SIG. Don't waste your money. I'll be buying a G43 off Armslist this weekend and going back to trusting Glock since they've never let me down.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro
    We all make mistakes, it takes a good man to admit it. I salute you sir.

MGO Member
    Thanks for keeping us informed Mike, interested to hear Sig’s analysis of the failure.

I am a Forum User
    Sad to hear. I’ve heard of everything from trigger reset issues to strikers and cycling issues on facebook groups even on the newer versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    G43 sux too. Way too big for 6+1. Get a PPS M2 LE. I may or may not have one for sale too

Second thought. Keep the XDs and stop buying and selling for one year.
    Last edited by dwcopple; 08-31-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I am a Forum User

I might owe some people an apology about the P365 and saying that SIG fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    G43 sux too. Way too big for 6+1. Get a PPS M2 LE. I may or may not have one for sale too [emoji6]

The G43 and PPS M2 almost identical in size and the glock is 3oz lighter. In fact the PPS M2 is bigger in length and height.

The only difference being you get the 7 and 8 rd magazine in the M2 but then make it that much bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    It takes courage and integrity to do and say what you did Mike. I honestly do mean it. I am still in a quest for the perfect subcompact 9mm. I tried the G43 and liked it but get bored and sold it. Tried the XDS 9mm, it is nice but the trigger is tricky and ended up selling it. I tried the G26 and didn't like the sight picture. I admit that the G43 was the best among all these guns I tried . I agree with you MIke the G43 is the way to go until Sig fix the 365.

Try to not stress out over it this weekend and enjoy the long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    G43 sux too. Way too big for 6+1. Get a PPS M2 LE. I may or may not have one for sale too

Lmao. The PPS is bigger.

I actually bought a G43 an hour ago. Guy had Taran Tactical +1 baseplates on each mag which add like 5-6mm of length which is crazy good.

I can also use them in combination with MagGuts spring/followers and reliable run 8+1 with almost no extra bulk. Can your PPS do that? I didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    It takes courage and integrity to do and say what you did Mike. I honestly do mean it. I am still in a quest for the perfect subcompact 9mm. I tried the G43 and liked it but get bored and sold it. Tried the XDS 9mm, it is nice but the trigger is tricky and ended up selling it. I tried the G26 and didn't like the sight picture. I admit that the G43 was the best among all these guns I tried . I agree with you MIke the G43 is the way to go until Sig fix the 365.

Try to not stress out over it this weekend and enjoy the long weekend.

That's my problem. Nothing really...excites me anymore. I get bored easily and want something new and exciting. The SIG was new and exciting...up until I broke it.

Oh well!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    That's my problem. Nothing really...excites me anymore. I get bored easily and want something new and exciting. The SIG was new and exciting...up until I broke it.

Oh well!
    Trust me on this one, start shooting competitively (Steel Challenge, IDPA, Bowling pins, etc..) we are lucky to be in this area where there are alot of club activities catering for the competitor in you. If you start shooting competitively you will get excited about enhancing your technique and start spending the money on growing your hobby with ammo, practice shoots, match fees, and pretty soon reloading.. You will not have the time to be bored or the extra money to spend on purchasing guns.. Just go and try something new and fun related to shooting pistols, it will open a whole new venue for you to have fun. I do it with my best friend and a group of common friends and we have a blast. Unfortunately this year I was busy at work during weekends and didn't get to shoot as much as I wanted to, but still going to a match is an outing that I always look forward to.

Apology for taking the thread into another direction...
    Last edited by JimSig; 08-31-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast