Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    That there is a rat rod of the gun world!
    That was exactly what I was going for when I built it.

A lot of the Israeli surplus that was on gunbroker dried up because Cole’s Distributing had a fire that was a total loss back in may. They use to be the go to for Surplus CZ’s, Hi powers, 1-3 gen S&W, Berettas, and a bunch of various clones. My Rat Rod SAO Pre-B came from them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt17073 View Post
    That was exactly what I was going for when I built it.

A lot of the Israeli surplus that was on gunbroker dried up because Cole’s Distributing had a fire that was a total loss back in may. They use to be the go to for Surplus CZ’s, Hi powers, 1-3 gen S&W, Berettas, and a bunch of various clones. My Rat Rod SAO Pre-B came from them.
    You got a transitional Pre-B Too! I make mine Pre-B, for the short reset, and for the fact that it scares people away when I tell them so I have the range to myself...
    Active airport shooter

My P-01 has the NATO markings on it, I got it just as the markings were being taken off due to a part change.

Looks like I’m going to have to get the steel framed compact for now while I continue to seek out an alloy one. Looking at some built by Cajun Gun Works builds doesn’t help.

MGO Member
    Has anyone ever seen an 85 Compact? I got one at an auction in excellent condition, and tried to do research on it afterward with no luck. CZ doesn't even seem to know about it. but it's in my safe.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Starvin48 View Post
    Has anyone ever seen an 85 Compact? I got one at an auction in excellent condition, and tried to do research on it afterward with no luck. CZ doesn't even seem to know about it. but it's in my safe.
    Could we see some pictures?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Starvin48 View Post
    I've never seen a compact, but they do make a combat.

MGO Member
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgWarrior View Post
    I have convinced myself that I need a CZ 75 Compact. I’ve had the TZ copies, and in the past carried steel and alloy framed WonderNines of various flavors including S&W 39/59/69 and of course Glock.

As I understand it, the current CZ 75 Compact Is steel framed. As a All day every day carry I think an alloy framed pistol would be much better option. Enter “Plan B”, pick up a surplus alloy framed CZ 75 throw some Hot rod parts on it and have it Cerakoted black. Simple enough.
    What has been anyone’s experience with surplus CZ pistols?
    I don't have experience with surplus CZs, but the used CZs I've shot are phenomenal.

Compact CZs (I'm probably forgetting something):

• 75 Compact: Steel frame with a manual safety.
    • P-01: Alloy with a rail and decocker.
    • P-01 Omega: Alloy with a rail, omega trigger, and a convertible decocker/manual safety.
    • PCR: Alloy with a decocker and no rail.
    • P-07: Polymer hammer-fired with a rail, omega trigger, and convertible decocker/manual safety.
    • P-10C: Polymer striker-fired with a rail.

There were others, as well, but I think these are the current production models.

So I finally pulled the trigger on a CZ 75 Compact.
    I had convinced myself that it was going to be my EDC. I really, really, really like it. Really.
    But I’m going to stick with the 1911 for EDC, the CZ isn’t replacing anything. It doesn’t disappear “I forget it’s there” like the 1911 does.
    So I just bought a new gun.
    In the meantime I have put graphite assembly lube on the rails, oiled it with quality motor oil, racked it maybe a thousand times and DA dry fired it enough to make my carpal tunnel flare up. I’m in line at CGW for their pro carry package, even though the aforementioned break in has really smoothed things up. The only negative is the long reset.
    The CZ is a really well made firearm. Better than I expected.

Gratuitous pic
    IMG_0302.jpg
    Last edited by CyborgWarrior; 11-04-2023 at 09:10 AM.
    Accept Climate Change: ADAPT!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast