Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Here are targets with the drop built in depending on what zero you want. 25, 50, 100, 300, etc.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-EOTech-etc-)

I am a Forum User
    Thanks JD and Quads for zeroing tips. That's the plan. I did some calculations like measuring the center of red dot to bore axis, and I used the ballistic calculator and estimated muzzle velocity at 2400 fps (reported from literature - didn't measure mine yet) and for a zero at 50 yards the drop at 1 yard is ~ 2 in and about 1 in at 25 yards.. I am very excited to started experimenting at the range. I also have access to steel targets (11x1 in and 8 in circle) at 50 yards.. If I can drng these plates at 50 yards 100% I will be a happy camper. My eye sight is not that great and the objective of that pistol os up to 50 yards.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    awesome. glad it's working for you!
    there's something very fun about turning a pile of parts into a reliable compact shooter
    You hit the nail on the head Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    Thanks JD and Quads for zeroing tips. That's the plan. I did some calculations like measuring the center of red dot to bore axis, and I used the ballistic calculator and estimated muzzle velocity at 2400 fps (reported from literature - didn't measure mine yet) and for a zero at 50 yards the drop at 1 yard is ~ 2 in and about 1 in at 25 yards.. I am very excited to started experimenting at the range. I also have access to steel targets (11x1 in and 8 in circle) at 50 yards.. If I can drng these plates at 50 yards 100% I will be a happy camper. My eye sight is not that great and the objective of that pistol os up to 50 yards.
    This is what I haul to the range. I dump it off at 80-90 yards from the benches, and let whoever wants to shoot it, giver hell while I'm there. It's a section of truck frame with a 10" x 19" area that's humanoid shaped, but man it's heavy! Maybe 100 lbs!! Its hard to miss with my Saint pistol, AK pistols, any thing iron sighted. My Son hit it with my LCP!!!! You will have no problem hitting a 11" target at 50 yards, every shot!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Wow, that's one heck of a target JD..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    This is what I haul to the range. I dump it off at 80-90 yards from the benches, and let whoever wants to shoot it, giver hell while I'm there. It's a section of truck frame with a 10" x 19" area that's humanoid shaped, but man it's heavy! Maybe 100 lbs!! Its hard to miss with my Saint pistol, AK pistols, any thing iron sighted. My Son hit it with my LCP!!!! You will have no problem hitting a 11" target at 50 yards, every shot!

Is it angled to direct the rounds down or is it straight perpendicular to the ground?

I am a Forum User
    I have a sba3 brace and a bcm 11.5 upper and it measures 25 7/8 I measured it like 10 different ways and still was under 26. That was from end of the buffer tube to end of barrel. That thing is on par with my 14.5

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by METL View Post
    Is it angled to direct the rounds down or is it straight perpendicular to the ground?
    ...or are frangible rounds being used?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    ...or are frangible rounds being used?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bSoRIG4PnM

Quote Originally Posted by METL View Post
    It's straight, but I shoot at it at a slight angle. When it was new, I would shoot pistols at it up close, with it at a 45 degree angle to me. But now that it's peppered beyond me wanting to weld all the dimples, Its a 80-100 yard target only.
    Active airport shooter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast